Thread: throttle tunning questions

Tuner in Training

throttle tunning questions

how is everyone going about tunning the Etb with hp tuners? i see a couple tables that could be modded to give better throttle response and eliminate wot restrictions that some vehicles have. been looking at these tables, [ECM] 44158 - Target Drive Force Mode, [ECM] 1995 - Throttle Estimated Torque Control On/Off. i know Nissan uses a couple different logics to estimate torque and throttle opening events so not roms are the same. here is a file from a 09 fx35 AWD with the vq35hr.

09 fx35 AWD stock file.hpt

Tuner in Training
    nothing? no one here has nothing to share?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Hines View Post
    nothing? no one here has nothing to share?
    Unfortunately the support here isn't that great and there aren't many people who are willing to try this out on Nissan/Infiniti. The tuners who use other platforms are dismissing HPT altogether for whatever reason. I just picked up a Q50 (back in the shop for a belt issue). I haven't even had a chance to pull the stock file yet. There was supposed to be a guide coming but not sure if that's going to happen. Usually folks share a lot of info on the HPT forums but it doesn't look like it's going to happen for the Nissan/Infiniti crowd here...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Unfortunately the support here isn't that great and there aren't many people who are willing to try this out on Nissan/Infiniti. The tuners who use other platforms are dismissing HPT altogether for whatever reason. I just picked up a Q50 (back in the shop for a belt issue). I haven't even had a chance to pull the stock file yet. There was supposed to be a guide coming but not sure if that's going to happen. Usually folks share a lot of info on the HPT forums but it doesn't look like it's going to happen for the Nissan/Infiniti crowd here...
    ive done some tunning with uprev and it's alot easyer. a tuning guide would be nice. not sure why everyone is so tight lipped when it comes to nissan. i do see some advantages for using uprev. but i like the layout and licensing that hp has.

Advanced Tuner
    ive done some tunning with uprev and it's alot easyer. a tuning guide would be nice. not sure why everyone is so tight lipped when it comes to nissan. i do see some advantages for using uprev. but i like the layout and licensing that hp has.
    What advantages do you see with Uprev?
    Last edited by jaydubb71; 04-23-2020 at 04:31 AM.

Tuner in Training
    What advantages do you to see with Uprev?
    map switching, Once an ECU has been reflashed with an uprev it will have the added functionality to switch
    maps using the cruse control buttons. you can have a high octane tune, low octane tune, mgp tune, valet tune and switch the tunes by using cruise control buttons while the engine is running.

real time tuning, Once you have flashed an OsirisROM file onto the ECU you are planning to tune, you will be
    able to make changes a limited number of parameters in real time without shutting off the engine.

Advanced Tuner
    map switching, Once an ECU has been reflashed with an uprev it will have the added functionality to switch
    maps using the cruse control buttons. you can have a high octane tune, low octane tune, mgp tune, valet tune and switch the tunes by using cruise control buttons while the engine is running.

real time tuning, Once you have flashed an OsirisROM file onto the ECU you are planning to tune, you will be
    able to make changes a limited number of parameters in real time without shutting off the engine.
    Ehhh... I know people who have UpRev tuned cars. I've never seen one of them change their maps. I don't switch tunes often on my G8. I always run 93 octane. And I can honestly say I get decent MPG by controlling my left foot and some other tricks in the tune. Sounds like they rewrite the code to pull off the switchable maps. Custom OS's maybe?

RTT is nice. The older GM stuff had RTT capability. Honestly, I never used it much.

Maybe HPTuners will invest the time, money and effort to include these features in their software? Maybe not. I'm more interested in power production than switchable maps.
    Last edited by jaydubb71; 04-23-2020 at 04:32 AM.
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)

Advanced Tuner
    Ehhh... I know people who have UpRev tuned cars. I've never seen one of them change their maps. I don't switch tunes often on my G8. I always run 93 octane. And I can honestly say I get decent MPG by controlling my left foot and some other tricks in the tune. Sounds like they rewrite the code to pull off the switchable maps. Custom OS's maybe?

RTT is nice. The older GM stuff had RTT capability. Honestly, I never used it much.

Maybe HPTuners will invest the time, money and effort to include these features in their software? Maybe not. I'm more interested in power production than switchable maps.
    Uprev has alot more features than the ones listed above. Especially on 350/370z and G35/G37 platforms. Launch control, flat foot shifting, etc.

My Uprev tuned bolt on 2007 G35 Sedan has made more power than the HP Tuned G37 dyno on here. Has gone 12.8 @ 107 mph on drag radials.

MAP switching is cool. You can use it on turbo cars to allow a low and high boost setting. You can have an E85 map. You can have a valet map. You can have a security map. I have an 87 octane map for long highway drives where I am not running WOT. Is alot cheaper to drive the car on trips on 87 since it is $0.90 a gallon cheaper.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast4.7 View Post
    Uprev has alot more features than the ones listed above. Especially on 350/370z and G35/G37 platforms. Launch control, flat foot shifting, etc.

My Uprev tuned bolt on 2007 G35 Sedan has made more power than the HP Tuned G37 dyno on here. Has gone 12.8 @ 107 mph on drag radials.

MAP switching is cool. You can use it on turbo cars to allow a low and high boost setting. You can have an E85 map. You can have a valet map. You can have a security map. I have an 87 octane map for long highway drives where I am not running WOT. Is alot cheaper to drive the car on trips on 87 since it is $0.90 a gallon cheaper.
    OK so are you saying there are more tables available to adjust in UpRev vs HPTuners?

Advanced Tuner
    OK so are you saying there are more tables available to adjust in UpRev vs HPTuners?
    Yes because Uprev has a custom operating system. They also have 5 different maps for different fuel and timing. You can also adjust the trans torqie settings for each map slot. My performance map barks the tires with the stock trans in my G35.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast4.7 View Post
    Yes because Uprev has a custom operating system. They also have 5 different maps for different fuel and timing. You can also adjust the trans torqie settings for each map slot. My performance map barks the tires with the stock trans in my G35.
    Hmmmm... OK. MAYBE HP Tuners will do custom OS's for Nissan/Infiniti in the future? Maybe?