Thread: DFCO Settings to get rid of pop

Tuner in Training

DFCO Settings to get rid of pop

Hey guys. I'm tired of my super aggressive DFCO settings that were done for a ton of pop and bangs while it transitions. Was fun for a while but grew old.

After a bunch of reading, I think I am going to try the ZR1 stock settings as people report that has no popping.

Should the timing seems very high on the ZR1 tables. Is this safe to run in my car? C6 LS3.

Advanced Tuner
    You can disable it all together........

I'm curious what sort of config you have that results with that behavior? It sounds like a delay before fuel cut was induced. Why not simply remove the delay

Advanced Tuner
    Increase the timing in the DFCO table. Move it up in 5 degree increments for starters until the pops start to go away.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kingtal0n View Post
    I'm curious what sort of config you have that results with that behavior? It sounds like a delay before fuel cut was induced. Why not simply remove the delay
    Very low entry and exit spark does this. I didn't touch the delay.

I am just curious if the ZR1 numbers are too high for an LS3.

hmm idk any chance its just a leaking injector?

Early induction to a fuel cut means no more fuel which means no pops.... unless injectors are leaking

interesting though, I know DFCO can be weird. I'll have to try I guess

Advanced Tuner
    If you start raising entry spark table, it will help.

Tuner in Training
    hmm idk any chance its just a leaking injector?

Early induction to a fuel cut means no more fuel which means no pops.... unless injectors are leaking

interesting though, I know DFCO can be weird. I'll have to try I guess
    I made it pop. I took more timing out of the decel vs my stock tables.

Stock tables were much lower than the ZR1. I now want the opposite - no pop. I was just curious if the ZR1 tables are too positive in the timing for entry and exit spark.

Quote Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
    If you start raising entry spark table, it will help.
    I did some tests last night driving around.

First incrased both entry and exit by 5 across the board, helped a little, but factory tune was -5 initially down low in the exit table.

I am now up to 10 lower in the exit table and 20 up top and it has helped a lot.

Entry is 20 flat across the board was 10 on my stock tune.

Appreciate everyone's help.

DFCO has been on my list of things to figure out. A long time ago some one told me that DFCO does not fully shut down the injectors.

I am still wondering if this is true and how we can tell.

I was going to put a switch on my injector harness so I can manually ensure complete power cut during dfco to determine if there is any difference.

Its not like any fuel cut in any ecm I have ever encountered.

Tuner in Training
    DFCO has been on my list of things to figure out. A long time ago some one told me that DFCO does not fully shut down the injectors.

I am still wondering if this is true and how we can tell.

I was going to put a switch on my injector harness so I can manually ensure complete power cut during dfco to determine if there is any difference.

Its not like any fuel cut in any ecm I have ever encountered.
    It doesnt completely shut them off. I log around 1-3% duty cylce depending on RPM if DFCO is enabled.

There still needs to be some spark and fuel or the car will die, correct?

Tuner in Training
    No, the wheels keep the engine turning. It has a disable rpm so it doesn't get too low and bog or die. I'd be surprised if any fuel is being deliveried. My wideband definitely is maxed out lean.

Quote Originally Posted by lowmpg View Post
    No, the wheels keep the engine turning. It has a disable rpm so it doesn't get too low and bog or die. I'd be surprised if any fuel is being deliveried. My wideband definitely is maxed out lean.
    my wideband also shows lean, but I get two things:

1. scanner shows injector duty is active

2. fuel smell during deceleration *only*
    my car is smell-free the entire time it runs, only in decel I get this strange fuel smell most notable 30-40mph decelerating sometimes with the cutout open,

It might be something with the engine vacuum, like injector seals or something. Maybe its pulling is leaves and twigs from the engine bay lol and im smelling burning paper. But still curious that the HPtuners scanner would report some duty in a fuel cut- every other stand alone I've ever seen would say 0%