Thread: Where is the fuel table?

Where is the fuel table?

I need help locating the fuel table in which I can change VE. Is it under Fuel> Temp Control> Target Lamda? I am having a difficult time finding it.

You are looking for PE. The thread I have with z here: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-R-Spec-tuning goes through a fair bit of the basics tuning with HP Tuners and the ECU setup we have.

The last couple of days I have been reading like crazy. I am slowly understanding all this torque non sense by reading the GM forum stuff. I have been comparing what z did to your tune with my own and what my goals are. Some of the things he changed I understand and some of the things he changed seemed so small that I assumed he just went into the table to try something and nothing happened so he left it.

How is your car coming along? I have been following your thread closely. I am getting about 3 deg of knock till about 4500rpm at stock boost levels. I have played with the Desired Tq levels and I think that when I changed them to try and flatten the boost I also needed to change the Max Desired Load table. I think the timing that was being pulled was from it trying to keep the boost under the Max Desired Load table. Im hoping to give it a shot tonight and see what happens.

Somewhat true, some of the settings we tried were for testing but most correlate. If you have never tuned or messed with a Bosch ECU/ME based almost every piece is tied in someway.

I still have the TIP-in knock occasionally but I have been running at 23lb since. Car runs great, I did change my timing at idle a bit more to quite it down. I am considering tossing a Meth kit in to see if that can solve some of the random knock that pulls but the knock I see I can not figure out. I do have to order a new coil pack harness since the previous owner broke two of the clips and that might be causing my issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmat1c View Post
    Somewhat true, some of the settings we tried were for testing but most correlate. If you have never tuned or messed with a Bosch ECU/ME based almost every piece is tied in someway.

I still have the TIP-in knock occasionally but I have been running at 23lb since. Car runs great, I did change my timing at idle a bit more to quite it down. I am considering tossing a Meth kit in to see if that can solve some of the random knock that pulls but the knock I see I can not figure out. I do have to order a new coil pack harness since the previous owner broke two of the clips and that might be causing my issue.

Yeah I'm getting at times 3 deg of knock mostly on tip in throttle under load. Its happening on the stock map too. It makes me wonder if it was put in to help LSPI. Like there is a table we can't see that is purposely pulling timing in those areas.

Im still trying to figure out the boost ceiling I keep hitting. I have upped my boost to 18 psi but after a while it will go back to 16psi. I have adjusted the IAT boost correction table( I can't remember the name) and that shouldnt be stopping me. Anyway I wish z would get back on here so he might be able to help look at the tune and log just for guidance. I really want to keep tuning it myself.

I decided to try and pull some timing in my main table where i am seeing knock. we will see how it goes after work today. I noticed on your tune in your thread you are not pulling any timing out of your main table. It seems like your knock sensors are blending between the minimum table and your main. I would ideally like to get mine where i dont even see any knock even if it means giving up power just incase i get a hold of some bad fuel I wont run out of resolution in my minimum table for how much timing i can pull. At least thats how i imagine it is working in my head. Also im curious how low i might be able to set the low octane map to help as well