Thread: Trying to adjust cam angles and they wont move from 133.5

Tuner

Trying to adjust cam angles and they wont move from 133.5

Have the exhaust advanced to 134 and then start giving it back to intake at 4800 but in the logs its stuck at 133.5....Comp 270 cam with a limiter in it...Im trying to fix this tune for a friend...It had the exhaust disabled??? Any help greatly appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is it a 0 degree lockout? Was it disabled from factory?

Enable exhaust and change the numbers in the exhaust WOT table. Reduce them to retard the cam. 134 is home position.

Advanced Tuner
    BTW nothing you can do to move the cam at idle. You sure a limiter and not a locker was installed?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    BTW nothing you can do to move the cam at idle. You sure a limiter and not a locker was installed?

THATS what im waiting to find out...Had another friend ask the same question last night... When I got into it the stock 392 tables were in with the exhaust and phaser disabled and I was like WTF... On the logs they never moved after I turned them on so he might have a locker and not a phaser...

Tuner
    Nope motor blew at 130k because the lifters shit out and he had it rebuilt...New everything and a 270 cam...He has known something is wrong because I put buses on him with the same motor...

Tuner
    He was told a limiter

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    besides the cam settings, which will not have other cars put buses on him. whats your fueling and ignition doing as it could have very low ignition with a build motor and knock sensors over active

post a log
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    You said it had the exhaust disabled...on my 5.7 JGC it showed the VVT switches disabled but the cam was moving. Could it be when you enabled it you actually turned it off?
    jgc stock.JPG
    2013 jeep stock (original).hpt

Tuner
    You said it had the exhaust disabled...on my 5.7 JGC it showed the VVT switches disabled but the cam was moving. Could it be when you enabled it you actually turned it off?
    jgc stock.JPG
    2013 jeep stock (original).hpt
    Nope this is before I touched it...same after I turned it on...
    This is a 392 300M
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    besides the cam settings, which will not have other cars put buses on him. whats your fueling and ignition doing as it could have very low ignition with a build motor and knock sensors over active

post a log

Changing the cam settings in mine gives me 460lb #'s starting at around 2100 rpm all the way through to intersection where his is low 300's and peaks at 400 at intersection, so yeah I put buses on him from the get go.... Adjusting the numbers gave me 50ft# easy...I learned that through help on here and showed my original tuner when he ran it on the dyno to check the difference. Mine is cammed with a Apache Max

None of the tune is mine except the commanded cam timing I put in...Im just trying to help...Im giving him my cat deletes with a extra WB bung in and I will check his AF when that happens...Next couple of days...

I had a 2012 300 that from factory had some of the tables set to disable. Basically had to switch them to the opposite to make it work.. exhaust and the main switches for vct

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by luciddeath View Post
    I had a 2012 300 that from factory had some of the tables set to disable. Basically had to switch them to the opposite to make it work.. exhaust and the main switches for vct
    Aint that some shit...I turned on and adjusted tables...Ok, I will turn both back off and see if it actually works...Thanks man! Hopefully I can get the WB in today to see where he is at...

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Party340 View Post
    Enable exhaust and change the numbers in the exhaust WOT table. Reduce them to retard the cam. 134 is home position.
    We have 392's unboosted with cams....You advanced the exhaust till about intersection and then start retarding it to give back to the intake

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonSRT View Post
    Aint that some shit...I turned on and adjusted tables...Ok, I will turn both back off and see if it actually works...Thanks man! Hopefully I can get the WB in today to see where he is at...
    Isn't that what I showed you in post#9 but you said it wasn't it?

Tuner
    Just was told by the builder no locker OR phaser was installed with the 270 cam...He said all of it was turned off and its just running on springs? WTF

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds like a broken change machine....makes no cents.

Tuner
    Sounds like a broken change machine....makes no cents.
    lol so now im glad I wasn't able to move anything... I guess he used someone who knew nothing about them...I don't know where to go from here

Advanced Tuner

Compare the 270 to the stock 392 cam.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.