Thread: shift mode unknown:8

Tuner in Training

shift mode unknown:8

Swapped 4l80e into my 07 avalanche. Trying to address some shift points and such. Cant log trans shift mode. It gives me unknown:40 on the scanner. any ideas if Ive missed any thing? This is my tune incase ive missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak636 View Post
    Swapped 4l80e into my 07 avalanche. Trying to address some shift points and such. Cant log trans shift mode. It gives me unknown:40 on the scanner. any ideas if Ive missed any thing? This is my tune incase ive missed something.
    I have the same error on my 4l70, but I asked for help elsewhere ans till nothing. Mine was due to a timeout error during the trans write, now my PID status says "unknown: 80"
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Trust me, not to sound like a dick!
    This along with a few other posts with MANY views and not even one joke response? I'm not used to this.
    In the beginning, I was getting a little help, now I can't seem to get any answers or opinions.
    hmmmmm
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Potential Tuner
    Hi guys has anyone received a answer on this I'm getting unknown: 0B. any help would be appreciated. thanks Mike
    this is a 4L80 into a 2013 ZL1 with a T42 TCM.
    Last edited by data; 06-22-2020 at 07:53 PM.

That PID has always returned useless data on my truck. I've concluded it's a waste of time to worry about it, since there's no way to fix it, and no indication one way or the other if it's even supposed to give anything useful.

Log 'trans pressure mode' and 'trans shift solenoid pressure mode' instead, those at least give valid data.