Thread: New laptop with MPV1 Pro

Potential Tuner

New laptop with MPV1 Pro

I can't seem to get the new laptop to recognize the serial number and application key. Am I missing something here? The old dinosaur laptop finally died and I would like to be able to transfer it to the new laptop.

Probably a stupid question with an easy answer, but I seem to be missing something. I've entered the information enough times to get upset about it.

Thanks in advance.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you install the drivers for the MPVI? Get them from the HPT site...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Potential Tuner
    I have all the software installed on the laptop directly from the HPT site. It just won't let me license it with the serial number and application key that came with the tuner.

Potential Tuner
    Did you update the firmware on your MPVI? Make sure your using the latest app key. I just went through this and my MPVI died. Good Luck.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
    I have all the software installed on the laptop directly from the HPT site. It just won't let me license it with the serial number and application key that came with the tuner.
    Have you gone to their site and gotten your latest key?

Potential Tuner
    Same exact problem with my MPVI PRO. New laptop, down load the original software from the provided thumb drive And no license found. The hardware was left plugged into the OBD port on car with no battery in it for about 8 months. Problem? Just down loaded the drivers for the MPVI off site without deleting anything from thumb drive. I'll let you know. Also as an added info even when I plug into my car that was licensed it says no license found. I have a few tune files emailed to myself and when I try to open those I get same message. thanks for posting JeffK

Potential Tuner
    Same issue. email tech support next

Potential Tuner
    Looks like HP no longer supports that software we were trying. weather it be a thumb drive supplied with MPVI or other earlier version. I got a great timely reply from HP stating to delete all current versions stored on laptop or equivalent then download the latest Beta Version. Worked for me.... should work for you! Good Luck