Thread: Comp Cams HRT Stage 3

Comp Cams HRT Stage 3

Hi all, So im in the process of installing a Comp Cams stage 3 in my 5.7 Challenger RT. I am confident enough with tuning to get it to idle after a try or two, however having some input on properly adjusting the camshaft phaser min / max would be appreciated. that is about the only issue im still not sure how to do properly. not looking for anyone to tune it, just need help. Thank you in advance everyone!

Camshaft Is in! putting together and getting a cold start and hopefully some sort of log from it. was hoping someone could chime in on how the VVT adjuster works in terms of its max and min limits, I have the Comp cams limiter in it. I know it limits it to 14 degrees of movement but what those numbers are so I can tune it to idle would be great.

Tuner in Training

Read over that link, I get what they are explaining, and can see it working except I don't know the stock 5.7 Hemi MDS cam specs. A online search is not proving helpful so I cant figure out where my camshaft is. so the question is how do I figure this out? I have my cam specs, and its a 116 LSA with a 110 Intake Lobe Centerline. so question is, where is it in relation to the stock cam, or where does the ECU think it is?

Im new to this and have been messing with this last few weeks. To answer your question 125 is probably 110 on your cam. On my 2009 5.7 car max advance is 125/126 on the exhaust table. I thought it was 134 at first but when commanded it would only go to 125. Come to find out 392?s zero is at 134 5.7? is at 125. I set part throttle table to 125 because when retarded at cruse it would take a while for the cam to match the commanded value at wot. My tune had issues from the tuner (9.6 afr at wot below 2500 rpms) so I bought this software and decided to fix it myself. He also had my cam retarding very early in the rev range so with the advice of hemituna and 2006300SRT (I think that?s his username) I?ve decided to keep the cam advanced until 4000 rpm (guestamated peak torque) and retard up to 6 degrees (119) at redline. Don?t bother with the intake values. My tune still has the factory 5.7 values but it follows the exhaust table.
    Last edited by Party340; 04-21-2020 at 07:35 PM.