Thread: Credits disappeared?

Credits disappeared?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. This is my first post, and I wasn't planning on it being about credits. It's also my first time using hp tuners, so I don't know how to troubleshoot the software yet. I have submitted a ticket via the website but I'd like to try and get this sorted out asap.

2012 zl1 manual

1. I bought the mpv12 pro link w/2 credits. Got everything in, installed the suite, everything updated just fine.
    2. I pulled the stock tune, saved it, then logged and modified it as needed and saved it under a different name.
    3. I tried to write it back to the ecu and I got the expected prompt to license it. I selected the ecu for 2 credits, which it said I had, and hit ok. The prompts disappeared, no follow up screens or anything.
    4. I hit the write button again, and it prompted me to purchase another license, but this time, it shows I have zero credits. It now does this for both the stock untouched tune file, and the modified one.

The website itself says I still have 2 credits, while the software says I have zero. In the license menu, it shows the car as licensed. I've tried resyncing it from the help menu and even tried rebooting my laptop as a hail mary. Nothing worked. So right now it looks like the machine ate my dollar.

Is there a way to fix this, or do I have to accept that something went wrong and I have to buy more credits?

I have a feeling I know the reason.

When you read the vehicle you read everything. This will include the PCM/TCM (if equipped) and the FSCM. The fuel pump control module costs 1 more credits over the 2 credits for the PCM/TCM.

Go back to your car and click read again but this time when the window comes up choose which computers/controllers you want to read. Uncheck the fuel pump control module this time and only read the PCM.

Do your changes to that file and try to write it back in to the car.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I have a feeling I know the reason.

When you read the vehicle you read everything. This will include the PCM/TCM (if equipped) and the FSCM. The fuel pump control module costs 1 more credits over the 2 credits for the PCM/TCM.

Go back to your car and click read again but this time when the window comes up choose which computers/controllers you want to read. Uncheck the fuel pump control module this time and only read the PCM.

Do your changes to that file and try to write it back in to the car.
    I'll do that now. I was so sure I unchecked the fscm, but I really can't remember now.

Thank you.

Yup, that second pictures tells you what you don't have the license for. It says FSCM.

Go give it a whirl.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yup, that second pictures tells you what you don't have the license for. It says FSCM.

Go give it a whirl.
    Ok so I just misunderstood. I thought it was telling me I have to write the fscm too, even though I don't want to.

Thank you for the quick help!

I think that fixed it. It at least let me flash it. Going for test drive now. Thank you!

Tuner in Training
    just did the same thing to me

It completely fixed it for me. Already did several flashes and corrections with zero issues. Thanks again 5fdp. Glad it was a simple problem. Kinda dumb how it works, but at least it was fixable and didn't cost me another 2 credits lol

Where did my creidts go?

So I am completely lost. I know I have licensed only 2 vehicles, but the credits used went wacked when I did the updates, since it had been like4 years since I had tuned on the Regal. The other was my Trailblazer SS
    So, 2000 Regal took 2 credits, it is showing somehow I used 6? If I'd done an unlimited on that vehicle I could see it, however, I am quite sure I did not! The second vehicle is 2007 Trailblazer SS it too says 2 credits, and shows properly.
    Another oddity is the VIN info is no longer showing for my Licensed Regal?
    Screenshot (187)_LI.jpg This is what I got at purchase, and 8 credits
    Screenshot (188)_LI.jpgThis is trying to say I used 6 credits on My 2000 Regal now, and it didn't until the recent updates, this used to show 2 used for the Regal only. I know it called for 2 on my 2007 Trailblazer 6.0

https://forum.hptuners.com/member.php?987-Bill-HPTuners Maybe @Bill-HPTuners can help or answer the question how to get these corrected?

Someone, anyone, I really need to get this straightened out, I need to start another vehicle as soon as possible.

So of course, the 4 credits I needed last weekend to do another were not available and at $50 a pop now, I would like my credits back please!
    What do I need to do to get this done?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Advanced Tuner
    You licensed all 2000 Buick Regals for 6 credits, not your specific Regal PCM for 2 credits. Note the difference in the License Type column.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    As stated above you licensed the 2000 Buick Regal year/model license.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"