Thread: New to tuning. Could use help on my 2013 Camaro LFX Auto

Potential Tuner

New to tuning. Could use help on my 2013 Camaro LFX Auto

As the title says I'm new to tuning. I don't wish for anything too much. But some help and starting advice would be nice. I have a 2013 Camaro with the 3.6 LFX, the only mods that are currently done are a K&N cold air intake and MRT V.2 axle-back exhaust. I want to wake it up a little more and maybe do that with a tune. Below is a log I took with some spirited driving and some highway pulls. Again any help or advice is appreciated.

Data log
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I don't have any tuning advice to offer you, but I believe if you choose a specific area of performance you would like to improve on, you may get a better return on your inquiry. For example, throttle response and transmission shift performance are two areas that when adjusted conservatively can result in a definitive change in performance character.

I have not looked at your tune, but I know having made the changes that you have, a good look at the long term fuel trims is a perfect place to start to see if fueling adjustments need to be made to correct for any flow changes that have resulted from your current modifications. The closer they are to 0, the better. That's homework that you have to do. Search for threads on MAF calibrating and transmission tuning and visit the repository, https://www.hptuners.com/my-account/tunerepository/ and look at related vehicles as well as the same parameters of interest across different platforms to note the trends that will give you insight on what and how to adjust.

I've been busy researching and collecting information, I haven't actually made any changes to the calibration yet, but when I do, I will be well informed and organized in my approach. There's great info all over the net on the subject, but some times you really have to dig for it using search skills.