Thread: Flex fuel sensor 2016 silverado

Flex fuel sensor 2016 silverado

I have the flex fuel sensor from gm that I am going to be Installing on my truck. 2016 6.2 running on 93. Stoich right now is set at 14.103 with virtual flex fuel disabled. When I install this sensor since it is going to adjust based on alcohol percentage should I adjust my stoich value to 14.7? All off the fuel around me is up to 10% ethanol except for the obvious e85 fill up from time to time. I am thinking that it should be changed and then the sensor could adjust stoich all the way from 0% alcohol to 80% alcohol. So when I fill up with 93 it should sense somewhere from 0-10% alcohol and adjust my stoich value to reflect ?

Copy a stock stoich table from a 2014/2015 silverado with flex fuel. That table will slope from 14.68 down to 9.70ish and that's all you need to do for the stoich.

With the rest of the sensor setting for flex fuel put into the tune it will adjust everything on the fly for you.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Ah That makes sense. 👍

Another question regarding the same subject. I have only e10 available near me. Before I fill the tank with e85 I want to verify the functionality of the sensor. I?m reading 9.4 which makes sense. Any way to test it is actually working?

E10 should make the stoich about 14.1-14.2 if the sensor was plugged in and in the fuel system. The percent is probably going to be right around that 8-10%.

You could always fill up the tank with non ethanol 91+ and the percent should drop even lower than what you see now. Just splash a few gallons in when you are really low of fuel. If it start to change then you know it's working and from there go ahead with E85.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You could always fill up the tank with non ethanol 91+ and the percent should drop even lower than what you see now. Just splash a few gallons in when you are really low of fuel. If it start to change then you know it's working and from there go ahead with E85.
    Exactly what I did on my '16 Suburban.

Slowly added a few gallons of E85 with each fill up, and watched the ethanol % PID creep up each time. 2-3 fills and I was on straight E85.

i have to just try the e85 then. i dont have any readily available ethanol free.