Thread: Ford Ranger 3.2 PX2

Tuner in Training

Ford Ranger 3.2 PX2

every hour and year trying. But still not that perfect. Here I post my log. Shoot me a comment gently

Capture.PNG
    2017 WT Ranger 3.2L P5AT

Not familiar with the ranger diesel but your egts are low. Which tells me you could use some extra fuel. (I?m judging my answer by what I see in my ford 6.0)

Boost looks good but seems to drop off mid way through the log? Maybe adjust your VGT a little to keep it up.

This is just my thoughts.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks on your input.

Boost - end of that WOT not very stable I see it wave line
    VGT - you right. at first WOT. the spike look like re-learn from over limit and try to optimize. end of that WOT it drop
    Fuel - I have lower it down to reduce the EGT. previous was to high and consume more fuel. (upsize nozzle from standard)

I think is reducing that fuel causing the VGT drop at end?

my thought
    2017 WT Ranger 3.2L P5AT

Quote Originally Posted by dannarc View Post
    every hour and year trying. But still not that perfect. Here I post my log. Shoot me a comment gently

Capture.PNG

Very nice 600 Degree EGT at the end of the WOT........i see your VGT is trying to fight to catch up to your VGT command set points......it could be because too much Timing or Old VGT actuator......How many Km has your ranger done ?
    Also how long have you been tuning your Ranger for ?
    have your dyno'd your ranger ? what mods do you have done ?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Aus_spec_ranger View Post
    Very nice 600 Degree EGT at the end of the WOT........i see your VGT is trying to fight to catch up to your VGT command set points......it could be because too much Timing or Old VGT actuator......How many Km has your ranger done ?
    Also how long have you been tuning your Ranger for ?
    have your dyno'd your ranger ? what mods do you have done ?
    Yeah mate..

May car at 50k running hour to date. I agree with you. Probably I add too early timing or too much. seem it struggle at cruising island map. Since the timing table map with minus (-) value nd mixed plus (+) value make hard time to figure from where to start.

Never put my ranger on dyno chassis or I say it not available in my home town ::Sad:: I do my test it on road dyno (make sure the road is empty highway road to do)
    This my own map tuned without third party involve. A lot of study/google/testing.
    Mods - Turbo stage 1/Intercooler/Exhaust 2.5" still (need 3")/30% injector (too much fuel and got it reduced)/All standard part
    2017 WT Ranger 3.2L P5AT

Quote Originally Posted by dannarc View Post
    Yeah mate..

May car at 50k running hour to date. I agree with you. Probably I add too early timing or too much. seem it struggle at cruising island map. Since the timing table map with minus (-) value nd mixed plus (+) value make hard time to figure from where to start.

Never put my ranger on dyno chassis or I say it not available in my home town ::Sad:: I do my test it on road dyno (make sure the road is empty highway road to do)
    This my own map tuned without third party involve. A lot of study/google/testing.
    Mods - Turbo stage 1/Intercooler/Exhaust 2.5" still (need 3")/30% injector (too much fuel and got it reduced)/All standard part
    Oh ok cool 50,000km is still new car to me.....So i doubt its your turbo playing up.....maybe Too much timing for the Vanes to control with a 16:8 CR Diesel on such a small exhaust Housing port ....curious to ask you, did you tune your Pre and Post Pilot injection timing and fuel quantity ?

what do you mean "30% injector (too much fuel and got it reduced)/All standard part"

Potential Tuner
    Hello sir get car Jack coupon code

apollolift discount code Check this coupon code at Reecoupons you will get high-quality jack