Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeep wrangler tj

Jeep wrangler tj

Is there perhaps someone that can help me with an original htp file for the 2004 jeep wrangler tj?

Tuner
    if you need 2004 specific, ask jbee, he show a 2004 lj, whats wrong with yours?. 99-2000-2004 should be very similar

I have a stock file I can send. Give me a few minutes
    2004 jeep LJ
    Stock supercharged 4.0, 36lb injectors, 62mm bbk throttle body.
    2017 f250 6.7 Diesel
    2020 Explorer 2.3 ecoboost

Here you go. Mine is an 04 LJ. Should be the same
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2004 jeep LJ
    2017 f250 6.7 Diesel

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jbee View Post
    Here you go. Mine is an 04 LJ. Should be the same
    Have you figure your map sensor characteristic for boost?

I sure did. I didn't do it via the voltage though. I changed the map scale multiplier then adjusted the fuel and timing to fit the new scale. It drives good now just working on tweaking when I have time.
    2004 jeep LJ
    2017 f250 6.7 Diesel

Tuner
    did you half the multiplier to 122, do you know what voltage you are getting at map signal at key on engine off?

No I actually took the multiplier to 260 from 244 and lowered the threshold for map code.
    2004 jeep LJ
    2017 f250 6.7 Diesel

Tuner
    by threshold for map code you mean, baro table under diagnostic

No, herehp tuner.png
    2004 jeep LJ
    2017 f250 6.7 Diesel

jbee thanks,

just had alook now and yes it is the same. the problem I have is.

The car is in the UAE Dubai. The pcm got stolen. I got a new one. but the car has federal emmisions just one 02 sensor infront of cat and one after. I did disable s1b2 and s2bs sensors but it sill gives fault codes on these 2 sensors but they do not exsist.

Tuner
    [QUOTE=jbee;608154]No, herehp tuner.png[/QUO
    you said you also lowered the threshold for map code, is that under engine diagnostic

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Burger Schlechter View Post
    jbee thanks,

just had alook now and yes it is the same. the problem I have is.

The car is in the UAE Dubai. The pcm got stolen. I got a new one. but the car has federal emmisions just one 02 sensor infront of cat and one after. I did disable s1b2 and s2bs sensors but it sill gives fault codes on these 2 sensors but they do not exsist.
    you need to send your file and log to hp tuners to get the light code resolved, i encounter similar problem, when i enable the fan relay test, i went back and disable and still getting fault code

Thank will check it out and do so. Did they resolve your issue you had?

[QUOTE=Omunoz;608182]
    Quote Originally Posted by jbee View Post
    No, herehp tuner.png[/QUO
    you said you also lowered the threshold for map code, is that under engine diagnostic
    It is under Engine, then Airflow.
    2004 jeep LJ
    2017 f250 6.7 Diesel

Potential Tuner
    Hi There - don't suppose you have a stock file for a 97 TJ Sahara 4.0 with Auto tranny?

best,
    jg

Potential Tuner

Idle Problem 1997 Jeep TJ with Stroked 4.0

Hi all - looking for help on learning how to smooth out an idle and get the car to stop stalling. Bought a stroked motor and the tune that was supplied appears to be less than optimal. I know automotive theory from building old muscle cars but pretty much nothing about tuning and which parameters do what.

Tuner in Training
    Glad to see you made it over here from JF! You will probably get more views if you start a new thread. Good luck!

Tuner
    [QUOTE=Johny Sawdust;611743]Hi all - looking for help on learning how to smooth out an idle and get the car to stop stalling. Bought a stroked motor and the tune that was supplied appears to be less than optimal. I know automotive theory from building old muscle cars but pretty much nothing about tuning and which parameters do what.[/

if you need help post log and tune file

Potential Tuner

Warning - Ignorant guy looking to get sophisticated...

Treat me gentle. I am pretty smart but know very little to nothing of what I am currently writing about.

Not sure what log file you are talking about but I recorded a few parameters using the VCM Scanner and have attached that log for what it is worth - doesn't seem like it records much. In addition, VCM scanner does not appear to be able to measure all the parameters that my older cheapo OBD2 scanner with OBDfusion can. In particular, VCM says my second O2 sensor has zero voltage but the older scanner shows it varying from .2 to about .8 as the car runs. VCM appears not to be able to tell me my cars RPM or speed (tested that while I was moving) either. I would be most interested in hearing what parameters VCM is supposed to be able to read from a 1997 TJ so I can verify the software is at least acting like the authors think it should act before I start trusting it for upgrading my tuning.

I have attached the file from my current ECU. On a side note I have attempted to compare this file to the file I downloaded from a re-manufactured stock ECU that i purchased for a backup and do not see any differences between the two even though I am supposed to have purchased a stroked 4.6 with larger fuel injectors (my mechanic agrees the injectors are larger). I am starting to think my stroked motor is running on exactly the same program as a stock 4.0 as the re-manufactured ECU appears to be able to run my engine fine at least for the small amount of time I had it connected to validate it worked.

Initial tune for new motor from 505.hpt

Log File for Johny Sawdust 1997 Jeep TJ.hpl