Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeep wrangler tj

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny Sawdust View Post
    Hi all - looking for help on learning how to smooth out an idle and get the car to stop stalling. Bought a stroked motor and the tune that was supplied appears to be less than optimal. I know automotive theory from building old muscle cars but pretty much nothing about tuning and which parameters do what.
    post your tune file, i have similar set up

Tuner
    i will take a look it this afternoon, you have to configure vcm scanner to read parameters , on my 98 tj i can read the following Map, iat, iac, battery,inject duty,injector pulse width,temp,02 sensors,rpm ,electric fan status ,spark, fuel status,fuel trims,and theres more the you can configure

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny Sawdust View Post
    Treat me gentle. I am pretty smart but know very little to nothing of what I am currently writing about.

Not sure what log file you are talking about but I recorded a few parameters using the VCM Scanner and have attached that log for what it is worth - doesn't seem like it records much. In addition, VCM scanner does not appear to be able to measure all the parameters that my older cheapo OBD2 scanner with OBDfusion can. In particular, VCM says my second O2 sensor has zero voltage but the older scanner shows it varying from .2 to about .8 as the car runs. VCM appears not to be able to tell me my cars RPM or speed (tested that while I was moving) either. I would be most interested in hearing what parameters VCM is supposed to be able to read from a 1997 TJ so I can verify the software is at least acting like the authors think it should act before I start trusting it for upgrading my tuning.

I have attached the file from my current ECU. On a side note I have attempted to compare this file to the file I downloaded from a re-manufactured stock ECU that i purchased for a backup and do not see any differences between the two even though I am supposed to have purchased a stroked 4.6 with larger fuel injectors (my mechanic agrees the injectors are larger). I am starting to think my stroked motor is running on exactly the same program as a stock 4.0 as the re-manufactured ECU appears to be able to run my engine fine at least for the small amount of time I had it connected to validate it worked.

Attachment 100807

Attachment 100808
    the file you posted is in fact stock file, from the log you posted the jeep is running little rich, do you know what injectors you have

Potential Tuner
    Interesting indeed. Finally able to tune these motors

Potential Tuner

Need Help Jeep TJ KR

I hope I am in the right place. I am a newbie when it comes to tuning. I know just enough parameters to get by. My question is, why do I show so much KR at idle? Is this a false KR? I don't feel as though I actually have any knocking. Could someone please review my log parameters at idle and let me know my next step? Also, I added the stock tune of my 2000 TJ 4.0 Manual Tranny.
    Attached Files Attached Files