Thread: 2017 Challenger 6.4 Auto - Fueling problem Bank 2

Tuner in Training

2017 Challenger 6.4 Auto - Fueling problem Bank 2

17 Challenger 6.4 Auto

Installed mild cam, car already had headers with cats.
    Had a diablo tune when came in, put back to stock then sent pcm to HPT for unlock service.

Finished car and installed base tune ( MDS and ANN Shut off )
    I had no LT FT data at idle so i used ST FT to get VE tables adjusted for idle.
    vehicle idled perfect, fuel trims were at 0 - 2
    i ran it through about 4 heat cycles and made sure coolant was good.

Strapped it on dyno to dial in VE for Part Throttle, vehicle still idling perfect and fuel trims perfect.
    i noticed LTFT only work in Drive ( whether that is normal or not i do not know )
    Starting driving on dyno bringing vehicle rpm to 2000 and i notice the fuel trims on bank 2 are way out of wack.
    Bank 2 STFT +32 LTFT +32 If i put vehicle in drive at idle the STFT drop to normal but LTFT stay at +12

Bank 2 oxygen sensor reads a pretty much dead line Rich .850-.900 but the pcm is adding fuel and it's throwing a Lean code for bank 2.

my scanner shows all cylinders on bank 2 misfiring
    most likely due to the rich condition
    i even scoped the coils which all look good

I shut closed loop off and ran a wideband in each bank
    Bank 1 reads 14.0-14.5 at idle
    Bank 2 reads 12.5-12.8 at idle

holding the gas steady at 3000 rpm both banks read 14.0

This doesn't make sense.
    Both banks VE tables are identical
    The car ran perfect right before it was put on dyno. What's going on here? Bad PCM?
    Why would it add fuel if the O2 sensor is reading rich?

Attached is the scan file when i had car on dyno and started tuning VE off idle. you'll see when the fuel trims started changing on bank 2
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I ran it in open loop and adjusted the Bank 2 Ve Table so both banks match on the widebands.

Then i reinstalled the o2 sensors and ran it in closed loop and it's still adding +32 on bank 2 and the o2 voltage is .900 this thing is F-ed.

Did you shut off the VCT? You have to turn off vct to be able to make adjustments to the ve table and have it work. Message me if you like..

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Thank you, this looks like the same exact problem i have. Since this PCM was originally unlocked and tuned with diablo i believe it's the same issue.
    i have already ordered a new PCM from HPT

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by luciddeath View Post
    Did you shut off the VCT? You have to turn off vct to be able to make adjustments to the ve table and have it work. Message me if you like..
    This is not correct. If you turn of NN it will use the Speed Density tables.

Does seem like some kind of buggy issue to me

Tuner in Training
    Just FYI

A simple battery disconnect fixed the issue. Unbelievable lesson learned

Senior Tuner
    Don't know why I didn't think to mention I do a Write Entire when having unexpected issues and find it fixes them sometimes.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrtuning View Post
    Don't know why I didn't think to mention I do a Write Entire when having unexpected issues and find it fixes them sometimes.
    i did that a few times as well and it didn't help.

In the beginning of the post he said he was working off the VE / speed density. I was simply checking to make sure he did it right.