Thread: ZF8 Performance Mode

Tuner in Training

ZF8 Performance Mode

Hi everyone,

I need some help with the performance mode of a Audi Q5 TDI ZF8 transmission.

zf8.png

I saw I can enable a performance mode but all related maps are zeroed. So I'm not sure that I should use the same values as the base map of each category and I'm not sure either that all related maps needed for this performance mode are listed in VCM.
    So should I enable it ? I'd like to. Is anyone here have experience with that mode ?

Thanks

no experience but odd that you have gears listed under apply ramp and i don't. Performance map zeroed on mine also ???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner
    I'm hardly a transmission tuning expert and hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in, but two thoughts:
    1. Even though most of the ZF8 trannies in our cars are more or less the same mechanically, there are different versions of the software in them. I have a '12 A4 and a '14 A6, both with the ZF8, and the parameters available for both are quite different. So that could explain one showing gears and the other not.

2. I'm pretty sure that map controls the rate at which the TCC gets applied. Perhaps a "0" in a cell tells it not to try to limit the rate but apply as fast as possible? Although that is counterintuitive as normally higher numbers cause faster application. Another possibility is that the TC never locks in performance mode? In which case that map would not be used.

I have an 11 a4 avant would be interested in seeing if your map is different going from 11 to 12 possibly a sw revision. tried to upload my file to the repository but there is no way to load files in the repository( that explains why no audi files).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Sure, here you go!

This is the file I read from my 2012 sedan (2.0t engine) when I first got the HP software.
    Attached Files Attached Files

That was interesting there are some differences in Shift pressures, timing, torque converter, & trq mgmt.

My 2011 Part No SW: 8K0 927 158 S HW: 0BK 927 156 R

Quote Originally Posted by ELaw View Post
    Sure, here you go!

This is the file I read from my 2012 sedan (2.0t engine) when I first got the HP software.
    There are some significant differences in some of the maps between my stock file and yours.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bb-tt View Post
    I have an 11 a4 avant would be interested in seeing if your map is different going from 11 to 12 possibly a sw revision. tried to upload my file to the repository but there is no way to load files in the repository( that explains why no audi files).
    i have an '11 A4 Avant S-Line/Sport and my stock file has some significant differences from yours. I am just learning now and can't say what the differences mean, but there are quite a few.

2011 Audi A4 Avant S-Line (stock).hpt