Thread: After Start Enrichment??

Advanced Tuner

After Start Enrichment??

Pentastar 3.6L, NN disabled, VE tuning.

How do you alter the fuel requirements for the short period directly after starting on these platforms?
    This is typically defined as the "after start or post start enrichment" on other platforms and aftermarket ECUs. It is usually a VE multiplier vs ECT vs time/cycles after start table that tend lasts around 5-10sec to stabilize the AF mixture directly after starting. This is not to be confused with the cold/warmup enrichment.

The only thing I see that comes close is the "Startup Inj PW" base table and multipliers. According to HP this table sets the "Injector pulse width at startup in relation to ECT and number of engine reference pulses while in start mode".
    Are the engine reference pulses referring to crank rotations? And how is start mode defined? eg when does the injector PW switch from this table to what ever is calculated from the SD equations based on the VE tables in normal running mode?

Advanced Tuner
    [Engine] [Fuel] [Open Loop/Base] [Cold/Warmup]

Advanced Tuner
    BOOSTJUNKY I've added cold enrichment through [Engine] [Airflow] [Speed Density] [Corrections] VE ECT factor table as a bandaid fix (which I believe has a similar affect as the cold/warmup table). This "works" but has the expected side effect of making my fuel trims quite negative once everything has settled.

I'm just looking for enrichment immediately after starting. It only has to last around 5 seconds or so depending on the initial coolant temp. GM refers to this as an afterstart enrichment. Anything similar on this platform?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HaasExp View Post
    BOOSTJUNKY I've added cold enrichment through [Engine] [Airflow] [Speed Density] [Corrections] VE ECT factor table as a bandaid fix (which I believe has a similar affect as the cold/warmup table). This "works" but has the expected side effect of making my fuel trims quite negative once everything has settled.

I'm just looking for enrichment immediately after starting. It only has to last around 5 seconds or so depending on the initial coolant temp. GM refers to this as an afterstart enrichment. Anything similar on this platform?
    Put your VE ECT Factor table back to stock and try the warm-up table I mentioned. It's on a timer after startup, and isn't applied after the timer runs out, so it doesn't affect trims.

Chrysler tables aren't going to be labeled identical to GM. The table you're after is the warm-up table.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    It's on a timer after startup, and isn't applied after the timer runs out, so it doesn't affect trims.
    That sounds like exactly what I need. Is this timer adjustable? I'm looking at the [ECM] 34210 - FA Cold Enrich table which I assume you are talking about. It only seems to have Airmass vs Startup ECT axis. No mention of a timer. Is the timer set by the closed loop delay or something?

Advanced Tuner
    Having a a bit more of a look at these FA cold tables and it almost seems like the column axis has been wrongly labeled as "Airmass (g)". Is this axis meant to be seconds after start or something like that? If so that could make a whole lot more sense. Im using 4.6.3.0.
    FA cold enrich.JPG
    Last edited by HaasExp; 04-24-2020 at 12:56 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I can confirm that these tables are in fact desired FA enrichment after start.
    The column axis has been mislabeled in 4.6.3.0 and should be Engine Run Time in seconds instead of Airmass (g).
    No wonder it was throwing me off!

Thanks for the lead BOOSTJUNKY!

Case closed
    Last edited by HaasExp; 04-24-2020 at 12:56 AM.