Thread: Graph & Chart problem they're adding to current lists instead of switching files

Tuner in Training

Graph & Chart problem they're adding to current lists instead of switching files

The pictures show normal and what happens when a different file is selected, it simply adds to what is already opened instead of replacing it.

I recently started using the program and noticed an issue today that I am not sure and do not recall existed initially. I have saved a couple of graphs using the "All" graphs function for each specific arrangement; Engine and Transmission. I added a third graph today by naming and saving it, using the "All" graphs button on the table and when I close it by selecting another graph and then re-open it by selecting it, instead of bringing up the specific tables I associated with it, it instead adds them to the tables that are already opened.

I see the same issue occurring with the chart. Today is the first day that I have run into this problem, or at least noticed that it is happening. I have closed tables and reopened them before without trouble. For example, I do not have this problem with the channel list. When I select a saved channel config, only the previously saved content comes up.

For graphs and charts, now when the table layout is opened by right clicking over the table, if I select the folder icon and then select a file from it, the column list on the left grows by everything contained in that file. The only way I can avoid this issue now I've discovered, is to open a saved layout from the Menu bar at the top of the screen. I tried a different computer with the same results.

So, has this been the case all along and some how my small quantity of saved tables allowed for the appearance of this not occurring initially, or has it always been the case and I'm just now noticing it and therefore need to save every screen layout from the menu bar from now on to avoid it?

Interestingly, I fired up my Zeitronix controller and program yesterday after installing it on the same laptop which has little else on it, before discovering this issue with the scanner. A similar incident occurred with it, except it was linked to my changing to a different USB port. Same port, no problem, different port, additional table and each table is specific for the port it appeared with. I can manage that in the Zeitronix program though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by maticulus; 04-23-2020 at 11:54 AM.

Tuner in Training
    If this is not normal, I will have to attribute the cause to the Zeitronix software, it is present on both computers.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    normal, you just loaded a layout file that is setup differently than the other one.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thank you.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    normal, you just loaded a layout file that is setup differently than the other one.
    A different, but related question to avoid thread clutter. Does reducing the channel sample rate where affordable, and closing graphs, gauges and charts, as well as any degree of stream lining them make it possible to log more channels simultaneously, by virtue of the computer processing load reduction that results, or is that a function of the scanner software capabilities?

To me it would make the most sense to maximize channel logging ability and look at the visual aids when reviewing the logs, where any available logged channel can be added to them on screen, having been present during data acquisition.
    Last edited by maticulus; 04-25-2020 at 11:45 AM.