Thread: 6.0 Start up Issues

6.0 Start up Issues

Hi all, This is my first post so go easy on me. What I've got going on is I purchased hp tuners for the simple reason that the custom tunes I had on my stroke did not like to start. The tuner refused to take responsibility for the issues so I took it into my own hands. Plus I have a GM v8 as well so why not have the software. The long and short of it is truck started great when set to stock. Started down into the negatives without being plugged in no issues. Also if I unplugged the icp and it went into a factory default it started fine as well. I assumed I could just copy a stock tables cranking fuels and such into my custom tune and I'd be good to go. I did that and while the truck does start better i still have to catch it with the throttle to keep it from bogging out (high injection pressure (15-1800psi) and low engine speed which often times will actually choke itself out) and smoking out the block. Anyone on here willing to look at my tune file and see how I can improve my starting tables / idle speed. Once the truck smooths out I have an idle controller to high idle it to warm up the rest of the way. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I haven't looked at the tune yet, and don't know much about the 6.0L. I've been tuning my 7.3L for quite a while already with a different software and I think they're a lot the same. Did you make your custom tune b based off stock or are you read the custom one off the pcm? The reason I'm asking is there could be a multiplier map that is based on engine oil temp that isn't right in your custom tune. Or something down that line.

This is wrote off of the custom tune. Thinking I may be able to limit icp pressure max until the engine is up to temp. 1000 psi max would limit the amount of fuel being thrown at it on startup but just want to make it perfect. It starts well and as long as you catch it and keep the idle up its great.