Thread: amax Counter ? for Steven

amax Counter ? for Steven

I am getting conflicting information. Some people say setting MAX MODE COUNTER to the maximum shown in editor turns it off and others say setting it to 0 turns it off, which is it?
    Last edited by bb-tt; 04-24-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Tuner
    I know this doesn't help much but there are different versions of the ZF8 operating system and I think the answer may vary depending on that. For example I think with some transmissions it's an 8-bit number (range 0 to 255) and with others it's a 16-bit number (range 0 to 65535).

Quote Originally Posted by ELaw View Post
    I know this doesn't help much but there are different versions of the ZF8 operating system and I think the answer may vary depending on that. For example I think with some transmissions it's an 8-bit number (range 0 to 255) and with others it's a 16-bit number (range 0 to 65535).
    Yes my max is 255 for a 2011 a4 (Part No SW: 8K0 927 158 S HW: 0BK 927 156 R). So that is actually helpful as i never considered that in different SW releases that they may change infinity/off setting from 0 to max or vice versa.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bb-tt View Post
    Yes my max is 255 for a 2011 a4 (Part No SW: 8K0 927 158 S HW: 0BK 927 156 R). So that is actually helpful as i never considered that in different SW releases that they may change infinity/off setting from 0 to max or vice versa.
    I have a 2013 Q5 3.0 and amax range is 0 to 255, 0 is basically infinity as it doesn't count, you will get AMAX launches as long as the trans oil and engine meet requirements for temp.

Set it to the MAXIMUM value. On OEMs that disable it, this is what they do. Basically your launch counter goes up, but it'll never be greater.
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    Set it to the MAXIMUM value. On OEMs that disable it, this is what they do. Basically your launch counter goes up, but it'll never be greater.
    Thank you!!