Thread: 2020 Sierra 5.3 Procharger, will a cat delete throw the tune off bad?

2020 Sierra 5.3 Procharger, will a cat delete throw the tune off bad?

Hey guys. My 2020 Sierra is getting procharged in Kansas right now. I have heard horror stories about the cats melting and causing problems so I want to delete them. I have no problem tuning them out and all that good stuff but my big issue is I?ve never tuned a genV. I do have a wideband that logs through my MPVI2 and I can watch everything but I have yet to even build any tables for the torque setup a gen 5 uses. I may go ahead and buy the tuning school book.

My biggest concern is will a simple cat delete throw the factory Procharger tune that?s extremely safe completely out of wack??? And opinions good or bad are appreciated! Thanks. I just don?t want to hurt my truck with 5000 miles on it lol.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    no it will not.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Thank you. I went ahead and ordered the genV book. I’ve got 3 weeks or better to go over it before I get my truck back. I’m going to weld in the wideband bung and build all the tables and just build off of what’s there. Hopefully the genV stuff isn’t to bad with a little direction.

Any boost stuff if possible I always try to talk the customer into no cats

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Yeah I’ve heard stories of them causing big problems. Fortunately I own a custom exhaust shop so they are coming out as soon as I get back from Kansas. I’m going to make a few data logs before and after and see how it effects the ati tune. I’m sure I will make changes anyway.

Tuner in Training
    I’ve got 3 weeks or better to go over it before I get my truck back.

How is the new found power?

I am literally 3 blocks away from it in the hotel in Kansas! I’m getting it in the morning and have an 11 hr two day trip home. I’ll post up Saturday night.