Thread: MPVI2 usb drivers for arn64 processror

Potential Tuner

MPVI2 usb drivers for arn64 processror

Has anyone tackled usb driver insall for the MPVI2 on an arm64 equipped laptop? I know this is a common problem right now, but I'm hoping someone out there has found a solution.

Is HPtuners planning on updating there drivers to work with arm processors?

Potential Tuner
    Bump

Tuner in Training
    Bump again

Potential Tuner
    Any chance this is in the plans for HPT development?

I think this will become more common as more computers come into the market with ARM chips. Apple computers running their silicon M1 chipset can run Windows 10 on ARM through Parallels, and both the scanner and editor run. However, USB drivers don't exist since they differ from Intel chip machines.

I'm not a software engineer, but I think this would only be a rewrite of the driver, which is a lot less effort than creating another version of HPT to run on ARM. Maybe someone can check here to see if its possible?

And as a follow up, would this problem be solved by using an MPVI2 with bluetooth connection? I only have access to the original MPVI unit with USB.
    Last edited by tf02; 02-03-2021 at 01:10 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Using the new M1 Mac with an ARM processor on Parallels and I am unable to resync MPVI2 and bring my credits over to scanner or editor. When at the correct page and the MPVI2 plugged in with power, the computer cannot identify if the interface is connected. has anyone else had this problem as well?
    Last edited by 13capriceNC; 02-03-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Tuner in Training
    well I found my own answer...

"Only ARM64 drivers are supported. Windows 10 on ARM can run x86 apps, but it can’t use x86 drivers. That shouldn’t be a problem for most hardware, but if you have some older peripherals then it’s likely that driver support won’t be available. Windows 10 on ARM driver support will be more limited, and similar to what Windows 10 S provides.
    x64 apps are not supported. This is something we’ve known, but Windows 10 on ARM does not support emulation of x64 apps. Microsoft is planning to support these in the future at some point, though.

Well....Poop!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 13capriceNC View Post
    well I found my own answer...

"Only ARM64 drivers are supported. Windows 10 on ARM can run x86 apps, but it can?t use x86 drivers. That shouldn?t be a problem for most hardware, but if you have some older peripherals then it?s likely that driver support won?t be available. Windows 10 on ARM driver support will be more limited, and similar to what Windows 10 S provides.
    x64 apps are not supported. This is something we?ve known, but Windows 10 on ARM does not support emulation of x64 apps. Microsoft is planning to support these in the future at some point, though.

Well....Poop!
    Yeah, this is shown in the link I provided above.

Again I think the USB drivers have to be rewritten for ARM but I don't think it's an impossible task.

Bump

Potential Tuner
    Tried emailing the support team, and they basically said they have no intentions of releasing arm64 drivers at this time .... Well that sucks cant even use my MPVI2 on my Surface Pro X however the VCM editer and scanner does work via 32bit emulation that Microsoft supports for ARM64 devices

Potential Tuner
    Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ITSJUSATH6 View Post
    Tried emailing the support team, and they basically said they have no intentions of releasing arm64 drivers at this time .... Well that sucks cant even use my MPVI2 on my Surface Pro X however the VCM editer and scanner does work via 32bit emulation that Microsoft supports for ARM64 devices
    Hi how were you able to get the VCM scanner running on your pro x? I just picked me up a Surface Pro X, but I can't even get the VCM scanner and editor to run. I click the app extension, it then shows the spinning will like its loading then just goes back to the desktop screen, Task manager doesn't show the program running either.

Just ordered a surface pro x, coming from a surface pro 3 that shattered over the weekend..

I?m assuming I?m dead in the water now? I can emulate the editor and scanner but can?t flash is what I?m reading?

Tuner in Training
    what doing you guys end up doing with this?