Thread: Need help aem x series wont read

Potential Tuner

Need help aem x series wont read

I have a 2018 camaro ss and have installed the aem x series 30-0334 and my mpvi2 will not read wideband. I have watched videos on it and my sreen never looks the same. When i click on any of the 8 aem wb it has a key with a red circle and line going through it like it is locked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiFdE_sOD7U

it doesnt show in AEM, just follow this video.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ZincGT View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiFdE_sOD7U

it doesnt show in AEM, just follow this video.
    I have watched it but when it brings up the options for adding it into the channel mine are way diffrent

Advanced Tuner
    Repoll for supported parameters then click add chanel and type wb in the search filter. Screen shot that and post the screen shot.

I was having the same issues. I changed it to wideband 5 in the aem gauge, that made it stick out more.

wb5.PNG
    2013 GMC 1500 stock 5.3
    AEM 30-0334

Advanced Tuner
    Make sure you aren't trying to add it under external inputs.

Tuner in Training
    I just plugged it in, hit "Repoll for Parameters" and then added the PID of "WB EQ Ratio #1" and it started working.

I do notice though sometimes when connecting VCM Scanner the WB PID will be grayed out and not reading anything. I just disconnect and reconnect and its fine. I dont know if I am starting VCM Scanner before the WB is ready or what but has happened a handful of times, no big deal.

Also remember to switch the polling rate on the WB channel to "10ms(100Hz)" for the fastest resolution once you have it setup.

Potential Tuner
    I followed the instructions from the AEM video and made about 30 attempts with slight variations and had no luck. I just looked at the Tuning school video recommended by ZincGT and am in business first try. Thanks a bunch

Advanced Tuner
    Does the wideband controller show up in the "VCM Suite Info" log ( little blue button ) ?
    Something else may be using the WB's default ECU number. You may need to change it to get rid of a conflict.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    Does the wideband controller show up in the "VCM Suite Info" log ( little blue button ) ?
    Something else may be using the WB's default ECU number. You may need to change it to get rid of a conflict.

I?m having a similar issue. My ?WB EQ Ratio 1? is greyed out & I don?t have the option in my folders to add it. (I was sent a list of channels to monitor from tuner). Also as if HPT isn?t recognizing the wideband is there.

The AEM 30-0334 needs to be past the "warm up" phase, online, and showing an afr reading before attempting to connect with VCM.