Thread: 2009 300c 5.7 Rev limit at 5800.

Potential Tuner

2009 300c 5.7 Rev limit at 5800.

I'm going crazy trying to get this thing to buzz a bit higher. I'm sure this has been an issue with many of us. 6400 rpm would make me happy.
    Can somebody please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I'm going crazy trying to get this thing to buzz a bit higher. I'm sure this has been an issue with many of us. 6400 rpm would make me happy.
    Can somebody please help!
    RPM limits need changed in both Engine, and Transmission.

Engine RPM limits should be in Fuel - Cutoff/DFCO I highly suggest putting the cutoff limit (forced fuel cutoff) 100 RPM above your desired max, as it can, and will try to put you in limp mode if you bounce it past that limit.
    Transmission RPM limits should be in General - Limits Same thing, limp offset make at least 100rpm or more above to avoid accidental limp mode. I suggest 250 rpm above.

If you don't have the sport shift, aka, shift paddles, you need to also change the shift RPM for WOT in transmission, in the Tab Shift Scheduling Normal - Sport (depending what you have) change both.
    You will also need to disable Auto Stick Auto Upshift in Shift General - Autostick (once again assuming you have paddle shifters)

Also, your safe on that motor till 6800 RPM, beyond that you risk valve float and bending pushrods...unlikely but I have taken my 2013 Challenger to 7400 regularly with no issues...but its a current gen 3 Hemi.
    Last edited by AVMPerformance; 04-25-2020 at 12:36 AM.

Potential Tuner
    I greatly appreciate your response. I have succeeded in raising the RPM limits. I am a little concerned on the rpm gap in the last 2 columns. In most of the sections that I raised the rpm, I went from 5248 to 6200. It used to be 5248 to 5800. Should I be concerned about a lean condition within that much of a gap in rpm? ( I have a Daytona sensors wideband but haven't installed it yet)
    Can rpm columns be added?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Can rpm columns be added?
    You can't add to the tables but you can modify the values by clicking on the column or row parameter description.

Potential Tuner
    Problem solved.
    I greatly appreciate all your help.
    Thank you boys!