Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cruise control not working

The 6.4 trucks do not have a bpp cal function like some vehicles especially gm do. I checked on my ids on my personal truck. The vgt actuator is on cam bus but it?s terminated so it?s not breaking the communication line down but the ecm strategy may inhibit Cc if that module is offline I haven?t had time to read into the description operation. To the OP, have you asked on powerstroke.org or the army? There?s a few 6.4 experts there that may have answers. I can ask for you if you haven?t posed the question there.

I am not a member on those forums. I have searched them and found where they say its in the tune. Possibly a DTC. I am an open door when it comes to sharing tuning. Closed doors is what I see trying to figure out the CC.. Badcoupe thanks for the help..
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by midevil1 View Post
    Not familiar with Antibounce term.? Another name for it?
    Anti-Bounce is the actual name in SID902 A2L Here's a few IDs c_abc_inc_can_bpa this is the antibounce for code P179A

ad for 8C3A-14C204-JD (FS0H30) base strategy: 17A063 8 bit (Unsigned) in unmodified form it will be set to (1) it needs to be set to (0) to kill that code completely.

Looking over your files that you have posted, it seems your PCM file is based on SW/PN 8U7A-14C204-CF or FS0L20 base strategy so the exact address won't work for your calibration.

The most common PCM base strategies used for all 08-10 Auto trucks is 8C3A-14C204-JD or FS0H30 base strategy.
    Last edited by PSM 6.4; 12-14-2021 at 05:51 PM.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

8U7A-14C204-CF (FS0L20) AD: 17A345 8 bit (Unsigned) c_abc_inc_can_bpa again this is for P179A, in unmodified form it will be set to (1) it needs to be set to (0) to kill that code completely.
    Last edited by PSM 6.4; 12-14-2021 at 05:59 PM.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Potential Tuner
    Did I read correctly that you do not know of a way to change anti-bounce through HPT?

I also am jumping into this situation as my cruise does not work either. I Have been reading what has been said, and the data that I have is as follows. BOO pid and B Press. Sensor are functioning as they should, but reading data with snap on I do not see any input from the cruise control switch. I have performed resistance checks on the switch and the switch is good but there is not voltage coming from the ECM to the cruise control switches at the steering wheel.

Would this communicating code anti-bounce not being turned off for the vgt cause the ECM to not send out voltage to the Cruise control switch?

The 2 codes I have narrowed it down to are P0179A and P2263. VGT actuator and Turbo performance codes.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

The issue is the P0179A. PSM 6.4 literally gave you everything you need to fix it. put the address he gave you in an xdf with correct offset and how he told you to set it up and go turn it to 0 in userdefined params for your OS.

Quote Originally Posted by midevil1 View Post
    The 2 codes I have narrowed it down to are P0179A and P2263. VGT actuator and Turbo performance codes.
    P2263

c_abc_inc_egbp_ctl_max: ad for 8U7A-14C204-CF (FS0L20) base strategy: 17A367 8 bit (Unsigned) in unmodified form it will be set to (1) it needs to be set to (0) to kill that code completely.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Quote Originally Posted by dieseltech3 View Post
    Did I read correctly that you do not know of a way to change anti-bounce through HPT?
    Not with the box software no. Ill need to be done through UDP = User Defined Parameters with all the info I posted.
    Last edited by PSM 6.4; 12-23-2021 at 12:22 AM.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM 6.4 View Post
    Not with the box software no. Ill need to be done through UDP = User Defined Parameters with all the info I posted.
    Thanks I?ll have to dive in and figure it out. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks I?ll have to dive in and figure it out. Thanks for sharing.
    If you can post your software part number. (Software version) or file I can probably get you the needed info that I posted above if it isn’t the same.
    Last edited by PSM 6.4; 12-23-2021 at 12:23 PM.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Potential Tuner
    If you can post your software part number. (Software version) or file I can probably get you the needed info that I posted above if it isn?t the same.
    Drew 6.4 s480 s362 V1.0.hpt

I am also trying to figure out how to get my bin file and xdf file for tuner pro. Can I use HP tuner to get that or do I need to use tuner pro connected to the truck to get those before I can change the parameters. Also was trying to determine how much of what you posted was the coding for the parameter. Thanks for all of the Help.

Also looking to increase injection pressure. As it is all of the adjustments I have done I have not gotten the rail pressure above 25000 psi. The maxxforce 7 runs this identical fuel system and they run the rail pressure at 31 and 32k psi. I would love to run my fuel pressure at 30k psi. I wasn't sure where that parameter would be. Maxxforce 7 runs the SID908 ECM

Drew 6.4 s480 s362 V1.0.hpt

I am also trying to figure out how to get my bin file and xdf file for tuner pro. Can I use HP tuner to get that or do I need to use tuner pro connected to the truck to get those before I can change the parameters. Also was trying to determine how much of what you posted was the coding for the parameter. Thanks for all of the Help.

Also looking to increase injection pressure. As it is all of the adjustments I have done I have not gotten the rail pressure above 25000 psi. The maxxforce 7 runs this identical fuel system and they run the rail pressure at 31 and 32k psi. I would love to run my fuel pressure at 30k psi. I wasn't sure where that parameter would be. Maxxforce 7 runs the SID908 ECM

What codes come up with your file?

List them all out.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Potential Tuner
    What codes come up with your file?

List them all out.
    I am actually not completely certain, I turned the vgt codes off before I run it after I replaced the turbos. I do know that if I plug my vgt actuator in I have full fueling and cruise control back.

I turned off codes
    P179A
    P179B
    For turbo can communication.

And I turned off codes
    P0112
    P0113
    P0114
    Because I do not have my mass air flow sensor in the intake stream.

Thanks you

I am actually not completely certain, I turned the vgt codes off before I run it after I replaced the turbos. I do know that if I plug my vgt actuator in I have full fueling and cruise control back.

I turned off codes
    P179A
    P179B
    For turbo can communication.

And I turned off codes
    P0112
    P0113
    P0114
    Because I do not have my mass air flow sensor in the intake stream.

Thanks you
    Disconnect the VGT controller and Scan it, so we know for sure what codes are still being triggered.
    Last edited by PSM 6.4; 12-27-2021 at 03:17 AM.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

I wonder if this could be done in the forscan binary like we use to kill things like tpms

Quote Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
    I wonder if this could be done in the forscan binary like we use to kill things like tpms
    Its in the main 1.93mb flash itself, forscan can't touch main flash, only as-built portion of the pcm. (Where VIN, axle ratio wheel base etc is stored)
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

The two files posted are based off of the same base strategy. The adderesses and info will work for both software part numbers/files.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Jaegerwrenching and another user sent me a disabled tune of mine. They did the above with HP tuners and still no CC.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

Here is current tune. I just installed bigger billet BB turbo so truck might get sent to toy duty and I will buy a Dually for towing..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2023 Ford Edge ST