Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cruise control not working

Quote Originally Posted by midevil1 View Post
    Here is current tune. I just installed bigger billet BB turbo so truck might get sent to toy duty and I will buy a Dually for towing..
    Did you rescan to see if the codes or other codes come up?
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Quote Originally Posted by PSM 6.4 View Post
    Did you rescan to see if the codes or other codes come up?
    P179A and P0488 still comeback. Forscan, HP and Edge CTS3 all catch them..
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

Potential Tuner
    Disconnect the VGT controller and Scan it, so we know for sure what codes are still being triggered.
    I have been very busy this week and have not been able to do as much as I have wanted to. Though when I unplug the VGT there are no codes that set. But I have disable the codes listed. I have not had the time to push my previous file back in and check that maybe I can do that tomorrow.

Sounds like incorrect things were touched or it was done incorrectly.

Essentially turning Antibounces to 0 completely gets rid of the error logic behind “x” codes so the PCM can’t report it at all even if it wanted to.
    Last edited by PSM 6.4; 01-08-2022 at 04:46 AM.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Try this

WHITEY SINGLE S369 TURBO#3_2263_17AOFF.hpt
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

I will try it this weekend. I have to change alot of fueling and timing in that tune for this new turbo..
    2023 Ford Edge ST

Potential Tuner
    I pushed this ECM file on my ECM and my cruise works and fueling uses the entire map. That fixed my issue. Though I noticed that the crank till it starts feature is not on this file. I did not think that was part of the ecm file. does anybody know where to find that in hp tuners or is that something to change with forscan?

Thanks For your work.

Quote Originally Posted by dieseltech3 View Post
    I pushed this ECM file on my ECM and my cruise works and fueling uses the entire map. That fixed my issue. Though I noticed that the crank till it starts feature is not on this file. I did not think that was part of the ecm file. does anybody know where to find that in hp tuners or is that something to change with forscan?

Thanks For your work.
    Tip Start (What Ford called, “crank to start”) is hit and miss on single turbo trucks and trucks in general with certain files and when certain things are touched.

It’s something you’d just have to get used to.

And you’re welcome!
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

I will try it this weekend. I have to change alot of fueling and timing in that tune for this new turbo..
    That’s easy, copy your changes from you latest file to this file from comparison log. Takes 10 seconds.

I didn’t want to use the newest file you posted as the base file to do the back end work on, because of I don’t know what was touched in that file.. as this type of file modifications are not shown in HPTuners.
    Last edited by PSM 6.4; 01-16-2022 at 04:23 AM.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Still no CC. Only code that comes back is P0488.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

Still no CC. Only code that comes back is P0488.
    Upload your latest file please.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Potential Tuner

Thanks For your work.
    Update on the file.
    I have been running it for this last week, cruise does work until it sets a p0091. I have never had that code come up with any of my other files, and it only sets the code when I am up on the throttle harder. After the code sets the cruise is disabled and it is very derated on power, and fueling. I do have twin high pressure fuel pumps, but have not run into this code with my other codes. I turned the code off with hp tuners, but the derate and cruise disabled still occurs until you shut the truck off and restart the truck.

Also does anybody have a meta file for the file I uploaded. I would like to try to get my file where the cruise works with the VGT unplugged, and see if that takes care of the p0091.

I can modify your file easily.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Update on the file.
    I have been running it for this last week, cruise does work until it sets a p0091. I have never had that code come up with any of my other files, and it only sets the code when I am up on the throttle harder. After the code sets the cruise is disabled and it is very derated on power, and fueling. I do have twin high pressure fuel pumps, but have not run into this code with my other codes. I turned the code off with hp tuners, but the derate and cruise disabled still occurs until you shut the truck off and restart the truck.

Also does anybody have a meta file for the file I uploaded. I would like to try to get my file where the cruise works with the VGT unplugged, and see if that takes care of the p0091.
    Looks like 2263 and P0091 was already killed via antibounce on your file Heres your file with 179A off
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Revised tune
    2023 Ford Edge ST

Revised tune
    Give this a whril and report back
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Revised tune
    Did you give that new file I posted last week a try?
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

CC is NOW WORKING! Used it several times yesterday. Haven't had CC for 2 years! You the man PSM 6.4...
    2023 Ford Edge ST

CC is NOW WORKING! Used it several times yesterday. Haven't had CC for 2 years! You the man PSM 6.4...
    You're Welcome !
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Potential Tuner
    Give this a whril and report back
    Would you mind sharing the last tune that made the cruise control work? I am in the same boat.