Thread: Read Fail 2018 Challenger Hellcat

Potential Tuner

Read Fail 2018 Challenger Hellcat

I'm having an issue reading the stock calibration. I need to get it downloaded so I can send it in for an unlocked pcm. Internet is connected, not sure what I am doing wrong.

Screenshot (17).png

Advanced Tuner
    do you have a Smart Access cable plugged in?

Potential Tuner
    No, I didn?t think I needed to put one in until it was time for the tune. I thought you could download the stock tune to send in without the smart access cable plugged in, is that not the case?

Advanced Tuner
    No, on the 2018+, anytime you want to read, write, or log, you need the cable plugged in. Otherwise HP can't connect.

Potential Tuner
    Ok, thank you for the help, I appreciate it!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by doc350 View Post
    No, on the 2018+, anytime you want to read, write, or log, you need the cable plugged in. Otherwise HP can't connect.
    Now you have me confused. I have 2019 Redeye with bypass cable and tuner. I have a friend with same year Redeye as mine that tells me he wont tune his car and have warranty voided. So i really think his car is not tuned. Just a liten's 3.10 and cat deletes. At the track i plugged my HP into his OBD port and he made 2 passes and log recorded fine. I did not have to put my bypass cable in his car. If your right he has a tune and just don't want me to know. But i think from the timeslips it is not tuned. Also it was pig rich in the logs in 4th and 5th on both passes. COT dumping fuel.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave401Redeye View Post
    Now you have me confused. I have 2019 Redeye with bypass cable and tuner. I have a friend with same year Redeye as mine that tells me he wont tune his car and have warranty voided. So i really think his car is not tuned. Just a liten's 3.10 and cat deletes. At the track i plugged my HP into his OBD port and he made 2 passes and log recorded fine. I did not have to put my bypass cable in his car. If your right he has a tune and just don't want me to know. But i think from the timeslips it is not tuned. Also it was pig rich in the logs in 4th and 5th on both passes. COT dumping fuel.
    I have a 2021 Super Stock and so far have been able to data log without the bypass cable. I can't however read the stock file.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave401Redeye View Post
    You can use VCM scanner without the bypass cable. You need the bypass cable to do anything with VCM editor