Thread: Transport Delays

Transport Delays

Hey guys,

I recently discovered that you can log your O2 transport delay. I have 1 7/8" catted LTH and am currently failing my Catalyst, O2 Sensor, and Heated O2 Sensor readiness checks (If I turn off P420 and 430 I will pass the Catalyst check, but I am trying to see if I can leave them on). I've read you need to adjust your transport delays when you get headers. Most people say you should increase them, but I've read a few posts saying you should decrease them. Anyway, I made a graph here to match the transport delay table. My most recent log is quite a bit off of my existing table. Would this be as simple as copying the logged graph in to my table?

Transport Delays.PNG

Tuner
    Normally I see these Logged graphs I Paste special>Multiply by % or Paste special>Multiply By Half %. What PID's are used to make that Graph?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes copy and paste

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
    Normally I see these Logged graphs I Paste special>Multiply by % or Paste special>Multiply By Half %. What PID's are used to make that Graph?
    I'm using "O2 Transport Delay Total"

transport delay graph.PNG

Advanced Tuner
    That’s what I do —u can left or right

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JFiorito View Post
    I'm using "O2 Transport Delay Total"

transport delay graph.PNG
    So does that measure the transport delay used? or what it should be?

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
    So does that measure the transport delay used? or what it should be?
    Exactly I'm not sure. It seems too simple to just copy and paste that to me. I would guess that adjusting the table would affect how these turn out. If it just knew the transport delays then why would it need a table for it?

Quote Originally Posted by JFiorito View Post
    Exactly I'm not sure. It seems too simple to just copy and paste that to me. I would guess that adjusting the table would affect how these turn out. If it just knew the transport delays then why would it need a table for it?
    I think the theory is that the ECM uses adaptive strategy to automatically adjust the transport delay. So by you logging the final value you can then copy and paste that value into the table and it "should" make the adaptive not need to correct.
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd