Thread: new start up 2004 ls 6.0 in a 350z

new start up 2004 ls 6.0 in a 350z

so i have bypassed the vats in the computer p59 controller green /blue controller ,, we have crank/fuel pressure and it will run for just a second and then shut off ,,what i dont see is oil pressure during and running cranking , here is a tune file what am i missing to get this running 350z ls6.0 stock tune.hpt,, any onfo on what i am missing would be great .,., thanks garrett

here is the start up file ,,start and stall 6.0.hpl

the mass air flow sensor was not with the motor and purchased later
    Last edited by gmonde; 04-26-2020 at 09:16 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Are you running a stock MAF sensor and air tube on it? You might try disabling the MAF just for a test. I've seen a couple of bad ones that prevented the engine from idling.

You typically don't have to do a Write Entire on the P59 computers in order to disable VATS...however, I had one that wouldn't start at all, until I did a Write Entire. It started and ran just fine then. Maybe this will fix yours as well.

A cranking datalog might help us diagnose it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Are you running a stock MAF sensor and air tube on it? You might try disabling the MAF just for a test. I've seen a couple of bad ones that prevented the engine from idling.

You typically don't have to do a Write Entire on the P59 computers in order to disable VATS...however, I had one that wouldn't start at all, until I did a Write Entire. It started and ran just fine then. Maybe this will fix yours as well.

A cranking datalog might help us diagnose it properly.
    i added a data log

also i did a entire write to bypass the vats to get the engine to crank and i think it wouldnt even fire if that was the issue
    do you think the oil pressure is tied into the run ,,it wont run if there is no oil pressure ,log shows -15 psi

to add the p59 computer has an area for electronic throttle , we have a cable throttle body ,the vin shows 2004

did 2004 p59 ecms have electronic throttles ?

Yes, P59 computers in a 4.8/5.3/6.0 truck are drive by wire. But the van's are drive by cable in 2003-2004 for sure. Your systems options shows 0 for ETC already, so it was a cable throttle on this van computer. Your harness probably already had IAC and TPS connectors on it. A DBW harness would not have those.

It should run without the oil pressure switch. Those go bad all the time in the trucks.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks so much for the reply, ,I don't have accses the vehicle at thus time ,but the harness was built for drive by cable ,,,but the ecm is not seeing it,,my shows it because I tried the keep it running with the thottle (ecm is not seeing the tps )

what part of the tune are seeing etc ready?

thanks to all ,,yes write entire was the answer,, i was getting vats codes while trying to start and run,, did a write entire and it fired !!!! gmonde

Senior Tuner
    LOL I've disabled VATS on literally hundreds of P59 PCMs and none ever required a Write Entire. You're leaving something out.

i kept getting a vats code not receiving signal ,, so i did write entire as mentioned in this post ,thats the only change i made