Thread: 2015 2.3L Mustang Overboost

Potential Tuner

2015 2.3L Mustang Overboost

As the title says, I'm having issues hitting overboost. It started when I removed FMEM all together and made ~24psi. Now I'm using FMEM to limit load to ~1.6 and it's only making 14psi when overboost is reached. It's logging FMEM Uncontrollable for the wastegate source. I've tried to lower driver demand and many other things to get it to stop.

Is there a wastegate parameter I can change to fix this?

Why is TIP actual reading 89 inHG when MAP is only 14psi? That is my biggest question, it just doesn't add up. Literally.

Log and tune:
    Matt Eco rev 20 1.5 limit.hptFMEM Limit.hpl

Potential Tuner
    I've realized now that with the throttle being partially closed. Tip can increase above MAP due to the restriction.

Went back to an old rev and had no cut and 23psi. Did another pull and had the overboost again. Tried adding more torque to keep the throttle open and that didn't work. I've done a lot of revisions and tried nearly everything that I can think of. I must be missing a key item.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rshannon1 View Post
    I've realized now that with the throttle being partially closed. Tip can increase above MAP due to the restriction.

Went back to an old rev and had no cut and 23psi. Did another pull and had the overboost again. Tried adding more torque to keep the throttle open and that didn't work. I've done a lot of revisions and tried nearly everything that I can think of. I must be missing a key item.
    The reason for the overboost is that your TIP sensor is going to the top of its range when the throttle partially closes, so you need to go to [ECM] 19614 - Overboost TIP Saturation and raise the number to a number where the sensor will never reach.

Tuner
    Are you meaning to use 23-24 psi or is it going that high and you can't control it? Have you adjusted the WG Duty cycle higher? You can also try to start with Outlet Pressure under Turbocharger tab.

Tuner
    Try to increase the overboost tip run under pressure control 10psi . Try to increase all of the LSPI Reduction to a load of 2.2 or a value where you want to limit the load at from 2000rpm and above. Also rise the driver demand.