Thread: Beginner questions on WideBand

Beginner questions on WideBand

I am trying to tweak a LS-2 Trailblazer that I drive daily.

I bought HPtuners and like most people regret not buying the enhanced version. But I can fix that

I have been considering some type of wideband guage for the dash but not sure the use if I have HPtuners with the I/O.

Would the wideband guage be used more as a "red line" for lean/rich fuel conditions during normal driving (well not normal, but lets say non tuning driving) ?

I understand you can log with some of these guages and then I could compare it to my HPtuners datalog. Well I am challenged enough somedays so I can see the merit of showing wideband on the HPscan log. Seems like a hassle trying to compare two charts.

How easy is it to connect both? I have no issues with welding in a bung for the sensor and wiring the thing up. So is there an easy solution to use the dash guage during normal driving, HPtuners during tuning without doing a bunch of connect/disconnect work?

Also since this is a permanent installation how about longevity of the sensor being in all the time?

Thanks in advance to stupid questions.

If the wideband has a 0-5Vdc output, you can tie it to the gauge and send a 2nd wire tied into the first (with quick disconnect or ??) to the EIO.
    Always Support Our Troops!

In my camaro I just installed the wire and left the HP box in the glove box I never take it out unless I have to.... But I'm also getting ready to intergrate it into the car...
    2002 Camaro 3800->LS1 swap,90mm TB/Intake,85mm MAF,Custom 4L60E,EGR snatched,Flowmaster 40 series

OK, thanks.

So am I correct that the dash guage is more of a indicator (redline) than a tuning device if you have HPtuners?

And how about longevity of the sensor like an LC-1. OK to leave in ??

My Truck has a roughly 2" plug that says trailblazer SS in the dash. Its a filler from the trucks that were 4wd. Thinking about buying a gauge to go there.

Not sure which one yet

Rich

So looking at AEM and Innovate guages. Any comments on quality, pro's/con's.

Rich

I just picked up an AEM. Absolutely love it so far. Super easy to install and got it off e-bay for ~$240 new. I was looking at the Innovatives but with the gauge it was more expensive and people seem to have problems, particularly with the LC-1's.

I tied the output of the AEM into the AC pressure sensor and created custom PIDs and histograms to log the AFR like you would with EIO/Pro. Trying to log the WB output with say Log Works and match that log to the HPT log would suck.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    Trying to log the WB output with say Log Works and match that log to the HPT log would suck.
    OK thanks. I am REALLY new to this but that is what I was thinking. I kinda like the look of the AEM and did search on ebay this morning and saw them.

Best,

Rich