Thread: does gen4 have an after start enrichment table?

does gen4 have an after start enrichment table?

I can't seem to find one all I see is airflow. searched and I see something called olf something that I'm guessing is a target a/f table but not sure that's what I need either since the target looks right in the log, it's just not following the target.

my car cranks perfect and idle rpm is stable. on the first start, I don't want to call it cold start because it's 90deg out, it's super lean after the flair. like 18:1 then within 30sec it's at 14 and running smooth. you can turn the car off and restart and it won't do it, it can sit for an hour and still doesn't go lean after crank.

I think after start enrichment would do it at least as a work around even thou coolent temp and air temps are they same when does it and when it doesn't ,but can't find it.

car is a stock 08 c6 with just a air box, tuning it ve since maf is horrible with any kind of free flowing airbox and I don't have a oem box to go back to, which I've thought about but ebay wants more for a stock box than some aftermarket ones haha and the intake air temps at idle in a 110 deg day in traffic is crazy high since stock they suck under hood air with a stock box, like 140deg is not out of the question, which makes them run like crap even stock tune. plus the car drives the best it's ever felt on the ve table only, so i'm doing my best to try and sort out the ve only tune cranking and driveability.

any thoughts or point me in a direction to read up on the gen 4 cranking sequence? all I saw was gen 3 help.
    Last edited by ???; 04-27-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Could you post the tune file as well.

I will as soon as I get back to the laptop

its basically a stock file with maf failed and most stuff besides stft off, so i can get ready to tune, but left stft on for now for the cats while i search for this first start thing.

since its a stock car, the stock ve is pretty close most of the times. it does seem like the air temp correction moves the tune around a lot, and the trims have to cover for it. but its stock, so i haven't touched that yet. i figured once i start open loop driving i'd try to adjust the air temp correction to keep the a/f more stable thru the changing temps.

crazy i can't get a stock car to run right, i can't imagine how bad i'd be with a big cam lol let me know anything you see thats missing or just wacky.

Tuner in Training
    I would re-enable the maf sensor. I've tuned a cammed 09 z06 using maf only with 0 problems. Even driving it in 6th gear with less than 60mph speed without issues.

it's bucks like crazy at 70mph cruises and just feels over all mushy and flat. when I first started I did do the fail map and then fail maf and tuned both, re-enabled everything and found the bucking didn't get fixed, that was before I searched and found the card maf is really bad for that on these cars. but even tuned so the trims were happy the car just didn't feel happy to pull thru the gears daily driving part throttle. I'm sure wot it makes the same hp either way. but I honestly don't care about that.

any tricks to tuning that out? I have noticed every tread I search has someone say to just turn it back on, but even stock cars run so blah with the maf. I must be missing what so good about a maf tune? just because it can make hp high hp isn't what I'm after