Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can someone look over a tune file

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    I would think manual trans enable would disable anything auto trans related? As for displacement being a different value I thought it is done to be able to dyno tune without the ESP/TC getting in the way?
    Maybe you're right, thought it mest with other stuff to
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    looks the same on my latest beta as spoolboy
    I opened that in 4.0.12
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    I opened that in 4.0.12
    Mine was beta 4.5.12. Probably a newer beta version than that out now.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Advanced Tuner
    I think we are on 4.6 now.

Take a look at table 35060 and 35064 - pedal request and expected.

Advanced Tuner
    4.7.221 is the latest...well at least for today. Seems like there is an update every other day or so lately.

Tuner in Training
    I didn't notice the engine size say 0.0 last time I checked it was 5.7. If I enable manual trans it won't crank over or anything. So I have always been using the 4 speed auto selection. That picture doesn't look like the old one used to that looks the same as the new version I have. That was never opened on my new software only older stuff Somewhere around 3.0xx I thought but not certain so not sure why it won't open with yours.
    I talked to Holley today, they have a system for the Hemi so if HP continues to tell me they didn't change anything it looks like I'll be making a very expensive switch

Tuner in Training
    Pedal tables look good and haven't changed from what I can see in comparing files.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by m_wakefield View Post
    I didn't notice the engine size say 0.0 last time I checked it was 5.7. If I enable manual trans it won't crank over or anything. So I have always been using the 4 speed auto selection. That picture doesn't look like the old one used to that looks the same as the new version I have. That was never opened on my new software only older stuff Somewhere around 3.0xx I thought but not certain so not sure why it won't open with yours.
    I talked to Holley today, they have a system for the Hemi so if HP continues to tell me they didn't change anything it looks like I'll be making a very expensive switch
    Probably won't crank over because it is looking for a signal from the clutch pedal I guess. Unfortunately can't find a pinout for the PCM which shows the clutch interlock pin.

Problem trying to open files with old version of VCM is if it was read/saved from the vehicle with beta it won't let you open it with the old version. Bummer you can't get it working.
    Last edited by Homer; 04-29-2020 at 10:26 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Could it be if you set the tune to manual enabled and ground pin 21 on connector C3 of the PCM it will sense the clutch has been depressed and start?
    pcm C3.JPG
    c3.JPG

Your ram has a central gateway but there is a setting for TCM set/not set when I look at alfaOBD and I wonder if that is disabled the trans will be ignored? Sorry just spit balling here.

2.JPG
    1.JPG
    Last edited by Homer; 04-30-2020 at 06:19 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    If I compare a 2008 Ram 5.7 auto with a manual (there happened to be tunes for each in the repository) the manual trans is enabled and everything else disabled. But just looking at the manual trans tune the only options you get are this:
    manual trans.JPG

2008 Ram 2500 Manual.hpt
    2008 Ram 1500 Auto.hpt

Tuner in Training
    I don't have the Alfa obd so I couldn't say. I believe I do have that pin grounded already on my shifter for the neutral safety however I will double check which pin it is.
    I did talk to Hotwire and see if they had any input on grounding out or supplying power to a certain pin on the computer to trick it to think the clutch switch was depressed however he told me that's not possible, everything is possible with enough persuasion.

Advanced Tuner
    I don't have the Alfa obd so I couldn't say. I believe I do have that pin grounded already on my shifter for the neutral safety however I will double check which pin it is.
    I did talk to Hotwire and see if they had any input on grounding out or supplying power to a certain pin on the computer to trick it to think the clutch switch was depressed however he told me that's not possible, everything is possible with enough persuasion.
    FYI here are the pin outs for the PCM connectors:

http://connectors.dcctools.com/details.htm?id=48248
    http://connectors.dcctools.com/details.htm?id=48249
    http://connectors.dcctools.com/details.htm?id=48250
    http://connectors.dcctools.com/details.htm?id=48252

Chiltons only showed one clutch signal but C4 on the PCM connector shows another TRS T2 signal? Wonder if that is the trans P/N switch signal?
    https://forum.hptuners.com/attachmen...6&d=1588245539

Ah yeah that's what it looks like, hard to take a screenshot with all the info in one image. Although chilton say C4 pin 27 and mopar connector repair says C4 pin 26?
    PCM PN.JPG

Interesting, page 28 of the workbook (NGC and GPEC controller overview) gives a mapping of the modules.
    https://techauthorityonlinedemo.extr...8169906065.pdf
    Last edited by Homer; 04-30-2020 at 06:53 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I wonder what that c10 21 clutch switch interlock has to do with anything. Assuming that would be off the back of the tipm and in the vehicle? Looks I may have to try grounding out that c4 one and try it.

Advanced Tuner
    I wonder what that c10 21 clutch switch interlock has to do with anything. Assuming that would be off the back of the tipm and in the vehicle? Looks I may have to try grounding out that c4 one and try it.
    Not sure if some of these connections will do anything. Basically the central gateway (TIPM) I guess acts as the BCM and is configured for a auto or manual trans which it then looks for the appropriate sensor signals to engage the starter. I think if you change the PCM to manual trans the TIPM looks for signals on a manual trans (this is where alfaOBD might come in handy as well to modify the gateway configuration). Seems logical but God knows if it is correct. Most of the time it is trial & error with a dash of luck. Anyways I hope you can get it figured out.

Advanced Tuner
    Pedal tables look good and haven't changed from what I can see in comparing files.
    They should be inverse and they are not. The expected table is showing 1v for 100%.

The 2008 auto file that Homer shared matches yours. The manual file's table does not.

Just for S&G try copying over the expected table from that manual file to your file.

Tuner in Training
    I have a pin 26 on my c4 but it's empty on 27. It also shows 15 and 16 as a trs signal on that pinout so I feel like that's for something else. Pin 26 on c3 has already been run to my shifter neutral safety switch.
    I've also fixed the incorrect numbers on the throttle table. And changed the engine displacement to stock, no luck with those. L
    Last edited by m_wakefield; 04-30-2020 at 02:15 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have a Pin 21 on C3 is for the clutch switch. Mopar connector repair shows nothing for pin 26 in C3?

Tuner in Training
    Sorry it was 21 not 26 on my c3.