Thread: 2018 hellcat P2118 code when coming to a stop with a larger throttle body

2018 hellcat P2118 code when coming to a stop with a larger throttle body

I installed a HHP 105mm throttle body on a ported snout . The car starts and drives fine but as soon as you come to a stop I get the throttle body symbol and a check engine light (P2118) but as soon as I press the accelerator pedal the throttle body symbol goes away and the car drives fine till I come to a stop . it happens around 20 mph or less. any ideas? (all throttle body tables are stock )
    Check engine light.hpl
    stumble idle.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    You sure you have a good connection?

https://mcdowellpubliclibrary.org/chilton-auto-repair/

Set Conditions:

• The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that the ETC Motor Driver duty cycle is over 80% for more than five seconds.

Default Actions:

• The MIL light will illuminate.
    • The ETC light will flash.
    • If the PWM stays above 80%, P2110 will set first , and if the fault persists P2118 will follow. Root cause is common for both faults.

Possible Causes
    INTERMITTENT LOSS OF CONNECTION AT THE THROTTLE BODY HARNESS CONNECTOR
    COKING OR DEBRIS BLOCKING THE THROTTLE BODY PLATE
    THROTTLE BODY PLATE BINDING INSIDE THE BORE
    ETC MOTOR/THROTTLE BODY
    POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    You sure you have a good connection?

https://mcdowellpubliclibrary.org/chilton-auto-repair/

Set Conditions:

• The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that the ETC Motor Driver duty cycle is over 80% for more than five seconds.

Default Actions:

• The MIL light will illuminate.
    • The ETC light will flash.
    • If the PWM stays above 80%, P2110 will set first , and if the fault persists P2118 will follow. Root cause is common for both faults.

Possible Causes
    INTERMITTENT LOSS OF CONNECTION AT THE THROTTLE BODY HARNESS CONNECTOR
    COKING OR DEBRIS BLOCKING THE THROTTLE BODY PLATE
    THROTTLE BODY PLATE BINDING INSIDE THE BORE
    ETC MOTOR/THROTTLE BODY
    POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

Thanks for the info .
    I did not get the P2110 code and the throttle body never went over 80% although it did stick at 0% for a moment but I assumed that was because of the throttle symbol keeping it there ,

Senior Tuner
    Did you do a Throttle Relearn in the Scanner? Also probably need to add some airflow to throttle body airflow table especially in the lower voltage areas

Quote Originally Posted by tbrtuning View Post
    Did you do a Throttle Relearn in the Scanner? Also probably need to add some airflow to throttle body airflow table especially in the lower voltage areas
    Yes I did a throttle relearn multiple times . I tried adding some airflow but it didn't help . So I put it back to stock . Maybe I didn't add enough ? It starts and drives fine the issue is when coming to a stop and the throttle blade closes to come to and idle I believe .

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...hlight=whipple

I figured it out with the above thread. it pointed me in the right direction .

Potential Tuner
    Was it a tune issue or the throttle itself was the issue?