Thread: T93

Tuner

T93

Is their any support for the t93 tcm can it be unlock? Working on a 2020 camaro and it has the t93

Tuner in Training
    According to support they have no plans to support the bosch T93 tcm

Tuner in Training
    Does the 2020 Camaro do the start/stop crap now? I'm wondering why they are using the T93's now.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by relicdew View Post
    Does the 2020 Camaro do the start/stop crap now? I'm wondering why they are using the T93's now.
    My 2020 does not have start stop. Weird thing is it's a T93 but it says 2017 on the outside so I guess they have been around for awhile?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by relicdew View Post
    No it doesn't. The change likely has most to do with cost cutting. The change to T93 has more to do with moving the electronic shifter features into one module (T93), and also the hardware ability to support Global B vehicle communication system (something the T87/A can't do). It's appears to be backwards compatible with all applications that use the T87/A. In fact, the T93 and T87/A may be pin compatible, I am looking into this.

So GM figures, why keep making two different ECUs, when you can make one? One TCM to rule them all.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    No it doesn't. The change likely has most to do with cost cutting. The change to T93 has more to do with moving the electronic shifter features into one module (T93), and also the hardware ability to support Global B vehicle communication system (something the T87/A can't do). It's appears to be backwards compatible with all applications that use the T87/A. In fact, the T93 and T87/A may be pin compatible, I am looking into this.

So GM figures, why keep making two different ECUs, when you can make one? One TCM to rule them all.
    You happen to find any info if we can swap a T87A in place of the T93?

Advanced Tuner
    I am specifically looking at using a >2019 8sp T93 in T87A, earlier application.

Good news: The T93 and T87A indeed share the same connector, power, ground, comms and solenoid control pins. They are signal interchangeable, except for...

Bad news: On the 8sp, in 2020, on some applications, they changed the way the shifter level position is reported. Prior to 2020 there was a 9 pin switch inside the transmission valve body which was connected to the TCM to report whether the shifter is in P, R, N, D, or L. Starting in 2020 this was reduced to 4 pins, and a signal is provided to both the ECM and the TCM to report the shifter position.

Having said all that, most people are interested in T93 support for the Camaro ZL1 10sp, I'd surmise. It appears the A10 all the way back to 2017 uses this "new style" shifter lever position sensor, so I would think retrofitting a T87A into a T93 equipped 2019+ ZL1 has a good chance of actually working.

Tuner in Training
    Everything is leaning towards no support for the A10 transmission from HPT.
    2018 Camaro 2SS A8 Redline Edition

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murica View Post
    You happen to find any info if we can swap a T87A in place of the T93?
    Is your 2020 an SS or ZL1?

Advanced Tuner
    Hmmm, I looked at the schematics for the 2019 A10 10L80 (RPO:MF6) and the 2017 - 2019 10L90 (RPO:MGL) vs the 2020 A10 10L80 (RPO:MI2) and 10L90 (RPO:MI4). Everything looks the same except the MI2 / MI4 has an additional shift / pressure solenoid. This would eliminate the possibility of using an earlier T87A to drive the MI2 / MI4 transmission, unfortunately.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    Is your 2020 an SS or ZL1?
    I have a ss. It amazes he how they have no ambition to unlock the T93 but they will release support for a 2019 Nissan frontier lol. I really hope they haven't giving up on the t93 because so many new vehicles including the Silverado is running it and a lot of boosted guys are wanting to make tcm changes as well.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murica View Post
    I have a ss. It amazes he how they have no ambition to unlock the T93 but they will release support for a 2019 Nissan frontier lol. I really hope they haven't giving up on the t93 because so many new vehicles including the Silverado is running it and a lot of boosted guys are wanting to make tcm changes as well.
    In 2021, more of the A8s are beginning to get the T93 as well. Within a few years I suspect all A10 and A8 applications will have switched to the T93.

I seriously doubt it is a lack of ambition so much as technical roadblocks. Unless you have very specific information, no amount of resources anybody could throw at "unlocking" it will lead to success.

I’m praying they eventually unlock it. I have a 20 Sierra with T93 procharged that needs some serious shift point love lol

Advanced Tuner
    No, but the T93 is gradually replacing the T87A because the T93 can do the secure comms required on the Global B vehicles (T87A cannot). Makes sense to the bean counters to have only one TCM instead of two, I would think.

Advanced Tuner
    From a HP Tuners marketing and business standpoint I clearly understand and get it. If they can figure out a few tables and parameters for a completely new vehicle, like the Frontier you were talking about, they can advertise that and it does them a lot of good for sales, even though they could have just started "supporting" it like they always do even if its not the correct tables you need, or there are some missing, or they flat out don't work like a large percentage of the ones we have access too. They probably realize yeah it might make a few people happy to "support" the T93 but doesn't make business sense.

It looks like the tables have completely turned or whatever that saying is, GM used to be the perfect example of major platform and component sharing, cheap mass production (small block, common engines, etc.). Now unfortunately they are the perfect example of "doing good" and "being part of the solution" which means no more aftermarket support and "all in" on a unrealistic and unstainable forced EV and big battery fantasy zero emissions land all happening in less than 10 years. I hope the upcoming recession and EV bubble forces them into bankruptcy again.

We can only hope that maybe with all the 32 bit encryptions and driverless vehicle ultra secure fantasy land, that maybe we can get some more support and bug fixing for existing platforms however.
    Last edited by cmitchell17; 05-06-2022 at 10:20 PM.

I can say for certain 2020 ZL1s do NOT have stop-start and am 100% confident (not certain, since I have no direct experience) that NO Camaros come with this.

Quote Originally Posted by hennymath View Post
    They have no intentions to support the Bosch T93, according to support.

GM T93 TCM Services – HP Tuners

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Potential Tuner
    I got mine. Now I just need to figure out some calibrations
    E-85 Flex Fuel, Texas Speed 2'' primary ceramic Long Tube Headers, High Flow Cats, LT2 Intake Manifold, LT5 Soler Performance Throttle Body, Rotofab, ZL1 1LE wheels are tires, Silvers coil overs, BMR strut brace, Black lugs, Recaros, Red belts and kick panels, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Sunroof and Bose, Elite Catch Can, Diode Dynamics smoked LED sidemarkers, NPP exhaust, Graphite black ground effects, 3 inch Drop, T93 Unlocked

https://www.youtube.com/@ericknickerson
    Please subscribe