Thread: LS3 Tune Check and Help adding Chop and decel pop back in

Tuner in Training

LS3 Tune Check and Help adding Chop and decel pop back in

Here is what I have ended up with endless logging and changes I have the car running good but just wanted to see of there was any opinions on the tune to Help it maybe run a little bit better. Maybe chop a littler harder. Also trying to get a little more decel pop out and maybe some up shift pops under hard acceleration. I think that I did everything correctly but want to make sure I am not going to harm the motor.
    2015 camaro final tune rev 3.6.2.hpt

Car is a 2015 Camaro LS3
    Cam is
    ADV Dur: 279/297
    Dur @.050: 229/244 lobe Sep:113
    Lift: .615 .596

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    idle log would help, that is a healthy cam and should chop pretty well
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I would like to see the log as well, But also believe I can point you in the right direction. For After fire on Decel, I personally use dfco/cfco and a mildly aggressive decel in spark when letting off gas to cause the sound of a calvary(more aggressive decel of spark more booms, but potentially bad for valves, and you want it to be at a controllable level, so it does not after fire when there are police officers nearby). Dont go crazy when tuning for after fire
    for the chop there are 2 ways to reach that goal, there is the correct way, where you adjust spark and min airflow until you have the highest vacuum at idle, and the sound is simply the result of a spoton idle tune. That is why people say with a cam like that it should lope/chop pretty hard. That is the best way to do it and you can search for the tutorials online and in these forums. the easiest way to make it lope is to cheat, get it idling decently, then go to engine>Spark>Advance and find idle adaptive spark control. Here you will see overspeed and underspeed, take the overspeed values up to around 128 and multiple them by 1.2 then test the result. you can do the same to the underspeed values for a more aggressive chop, but generally a little adjusting to the idle overspeed spark will give you that sweet lope you desire.
    FYI: Final min spark can affect both the chop and afterfire. please let me know if this worked for you.
    Last edited by Gpargament; 06-06-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Tuner in Training

low end bog has chop but idles out

finally got a few minutes to drive and log car. i have a low end stutter in 1st gear and the throttle feels slow. i have chop but the it stops at idle after a few moments. sounds great on start up but then the chop goes away. if i dont rev the car hard off the line it bogs stutters and pops. i added air but if i add more it seems to shutter more. Also feels like it will not idle down when i let off gas but if i take air out it bobbles at constant rpm. any help is appreciated, I just want to get car running straight before i take a long trip.
    current tune and logs below

log
    54-14 - take off and bobble
    56-39 - take off and weak response
    58-38 - idle
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    see post

hopefully we can help you get it running steady very soon, things i noticed:
    at idle your spark has massive movement from 14 to .7, i dont see airmass being logged so i cant compare your spark tables against whats being commanded, to see why there is such a jump at idle. if the idle is hanging before settling in generally means there is too much airflow. you minimum idle speed is programmed to increase with mph, i personally have never seen that, and could be causing the hang you are referring to. the minimum rpm reference is 300 rpms below the target. idle adaptive spark is too aggressive and could be the culprit for the spark taking huge jumps, id go back to stock settings there until it runs right then go for chop. your idle base spark makes me raise an eyebrow, it has quite the drop off when airmass raises, next log make sure you are logging airmass, so we can compare it to the spark tables and see where the ecu is getting its target spark from.
    Lastly i just noticed this is a maf only tune as dynamic is set at 400 rpm. I personally tune SD or at least a combo untill above 3500 or 4000 rpms. I do not see a wideband, you might want to double check your maf tuning. personally i would recommend changing dynamic to 3500 or 4000 rpms, and tuning the ve table without the maf, then tuning the maf, then putting them both on, allowing the ecu to use ve and maf below 3500 or 4000 and then pure maf after 4000. hope this helps.

Potential Tuner
    im new to the tuning and wondered if this tune is ok to put on my 2015 camaro ls3 its stock other than full exh and cold air intake

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    finally got a few minutes to drive and log car. i have a low end stutter in 1st gear and the throttle feels slow. i have chop but the it stops at idle after a few moments. sounds great on start up but then the chop goes away. if i dont rev the car hard off the line it bogs stutters and pops. i added air but if i add more it seems to shutter more. Also feels like it will not idle down when i let off gas but if i take air out it bobbles at constant rpm. any help is appreciated, I just want to get car running straight before i take a long trip.
    current tune and logs below

log
    54-14 - take off and bobble
    56-39 - take off and weak response
    58-38 - idle

Senior Tuner
    Using a random tune from some that only posted 10 and hasn’t been on here since this thread sounds like a great idea to me.