Thread: Pids not working

Pids not working

Okay, I am at my wits end. I updated my MPVI to 4.6.3 and since then random pids will not work. I remove that pid, reinstall pid and it may or may not work, then another one will not register. rinse and repeat. Just keeps going.

I uninstalled that version and reinstalled it, repolled the supported parameters and it is still doing it!

What do I need to do!?

Tuner in Training
    I inquired a week ago as to whether or not removing the visuals; charts, graphs and gauges while logging would make it possible to log more channels, but did not receive a reply, possibly because I tacked on to my existing new thread regarding channels not working. So figuring that freeing up computing power might help, I closed the visual aids while logging since I needed to keep my eyes on the road anyway, and I optimized my channels by increasing the polling interval times (reducing the update frequency) for the channels that would not be affected adversely, as well as for those that could stand a small reduction in polling frequency. Whether or not it helped I can not say.

I can say that when I first used the VCM outfit about 3 weeks ago, there were default channels on screen that I wanted that did not function. On a second attempt things were better, but not 100%. Since performing the above measures, everything I have on screen records data, a total of 31 channels all at once. Two of the total were added yesterday so I'm not sure what my limit is yet. I'm using a 9 yr old, Win10 upgrade, i7 laptop, with a very light hard drive load as far as programs. I also optimized my layout by removing a lot of redundancy, since not every channel needs a gauge and a chart, or anything beyond the working channel.

Hope that helps.

Wow! all these views and I have to thank maticulus (the only one who responded) for offering help.

I ended up removing some channels and making different channel lists for what I was trying to log and all is working now. Apparently had to much going on.

Anyway, thank you maticulus for your help, much appreciated.