Thread: Cant figure out Fuel trims

Potential Tuner

Cant figure out Fuel trims

Can someone point me in the correct direction. My engine shows thru a DTC code that Bank 1 is at +25 and is running too lean however plugs show rich. Also, Bank 2 is intermittent to running +25. Have checked all leaks and cant seem to find any other than the ones I have found being a cracked pcv hose connector which I fixed..

6.0L 370 c.i / 4l80e 2800-3200 Stall
    Longtubes full dual exhaust
    Flat top pistons
    243 stock heads
    Tsp 228r cam 112 LSA
    Deautshwerks 44lb injectors
    Truck intake, factory TB, cold air intake.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JamieHicks18; 04-28-2020 at 04:51 PM.

Do you have a wideband o2 sensor?

If not you need one to verify this stuff and one is required anyway for tuning something like this.

What's your fuel pressure at?

The computer is adding in fuel to make it run okay so I don't think I'd be trusting the plugs when the trims are adding in all this extra fuel to make it run better.

If fuel pressure is good and not moving around you could simply add 10% to the MAF and VE table to see if the trims come down.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Okay thanks for the reply. Will try. I do have a wideband just need to get it installed. Fuel pressure is good and holding steady.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieHicks18 View Post
    Okay thanks for the reply. Will try. I do have a wideband just need to get it installed. Fuel pressure is good and holding steady.
    Interested to know if this got you going in the right direction. I have these same injectors and after entering the injector data from deatchwerks my went crazy lean as well.

Tuner in Training
    Out of curiosity, did you ever get your lean problem figured out?