Thread: Why no power enrich? Commanded, but not seeing on WB.

Tuner in Training BrandonHall10's Avatar

Why no power enrich? Commanded, but not seeing on WB.

Hey guys. I'm looking for some help. Long story short, I see PE being commanded in the tune/scan, but I'm not seeing it on the wide band. This is a new problem. I've been driving this truck (weekly) for over 2 years now. Only within the last couple weeks am I seeing no PE. I'm hoping someone would be willing to look at my log and tune. Just to rule out any issues there, before I start looking for mechanical problems.

The details:
    2002 Stock LQ4 swapped into a 1997 S10. -6an feed and return. AEM 50-1200 E85 In-Tank Fuel Pump (340LPH @ 40psi). Brand new fuel filter. 91 octane, best I can get in AZ.

Thank you all!
    Attached Files Attached Files

A bad wideband sensor or a drop in fuel pressure under load are my guesses. I'd look at fuel pressure first, make sure it can maintain 58psi.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I have a mechanical gauge on the rail. Maybe I can rig up a go-pro to watch it while I drive...

Senior Tuner
    I agree with fuel pressure issue.

Other suggestions:

You have your max torque set to 640, and PE needs atleast 50% of torque to enable, 320. You are only getting 270 EBT at this partial throttle, 42%.
    Under fuel> power enrich> enable set your minimum torque to 30% or less.

Also disable STFT open loop enable under openloop/ base, now that you are commanding richer than stoich at WOT, the narrow bands cant provide proper loop feedback.

Then finally it looks like you are about 10-12% lean on your MAF or VE. When dialing them in, its easiest to do them one at a time. So set it to be "MAF only", tune the MAF. Then put it in "VE only" and tune the VE table. If done right, when you reenable both, they will agree and you will get the benefits of both.

Your VE table has a "hole" in the upper MAP lower RPMs. With a higher MAP at a given RPM VE usually doesn't go down.

VE 'hole'.PNG

VE hole 2.PNG

Easy fix

VEtablegiff.gif
    Last edited by murfie; 10-08-2020 at 03:02 AM.

Awesome! Thank you for the reply.

I will look into all those things this weekend.