Thread: PCM compatability

Potential Tuner

PCM compatability

Howdy,

I have a noob question regarding how these tune files work.

If I have a Dodge PCM , type NGC3, can it be flashed with a tune file from any other Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep that uses the same type of PCM ?

For example: I have a donor 5.7L engine and PCM from a 2005 Dodge Durango that is being used for a swap into a Jeep. I want to flash it to 'be' a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 with a manual transmission. Do I need to get a donor PCM from a 2005 Ram 2500 with a manual transmission? Or can I copy and save the original Durango tune and replace it with the desired tune (assuming I can find one)?

HP Tuners would be licensed for that PCM , regardless of which tune I use, right? I am assuming I would need to fix the VIN to the target swap vehicle's VIN.

I am aware that the pinouts for the two vehicles are different and would need to be altered.
    Last edited by Rollout; 04-29-2020 at 04:47 PM.

curious about the answer.. i'd open a ticket and provide the downloaded files from both..
    the license is tied to the pcm serial number your writing .. may need credits for the trans .. you can read anything..

Tuner in Training
    This would be awesome if it's possible as there is a severe shortage of NGC3 automatic PCMs for '05-'06 Jeep Wranglers. The only option for us Wrangler owners as of now is a "Wrangler Fix" PCM which utilizes a different circuit board but cannot be tuned.