Thread: Flex fuel stock tune file dodge late model

Tuner in Training

Flex fuel stock tune file dodge late model

Does anyone here have access to any dodge pcm read that uses inferred flex fuel? My goal is to learn how this is accomplished, I have a basic idea how its triggered but blind guessing at the values is not ideal and studying how the factory does it would be great! Nothing in hp tuners repository. I will be tuning my 2019 HC red eye and I greatly appreciate your help!

Senior Tuner
    I can't remember exactly what vehicles but some of the V6 vehicles had factory flex fuel and are in the repository. You can copy the flex fuel section from there. The rest of the tune has places you need to change too that you'll have to work through and populate. You just might have to do a little math to know what values to input.

Advanced Tuner
    Try something like a 2016 3.6 Challenger.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Tuner in Training
    ok ill look through the repository again , thanks for the input!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrtuning View Post
    I can't remember exactly what vehicles but some of the V6 vehicles had factory flex fuel and are in the repository. You can copy the flex fuel section from there. The rest of the tune has places you need to change too that you'll have to work through and populate. You just might have to do a little math to know what values to input.
    I looked through all the dodge tunes in the repository, also looked through all the files and there are only a few old Chevrolet tune files with flex! Was this response just a guess or did i miss a tune file ?

Senior Tuner
    You missed something. I'm not on computer now to look through them but when I first did flex fuel I started with something from repository that had flex fuel enabled to get the settings for the Flex Fuel section then just tweaked some from there

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrtuning View Post
    You missed something. I'm not on computer now to look through them but when I first did flex fuel I started with something from repository that had flex fuel enabled to get the settings for the Flex Fuel section then just tweaked some from there
    ok thank you, I will look over again!

Senior Tuner
    I'll look tonight if I get a chance and find that OEM tune or copy flex section over a stock read from something

Tuner in Training
    Found a file in repository, dodge challenger 3.6l v6, I searched dodge challenger only if anyone else is looking for factory flex tune, Thanks for help!

my 2 cents..
    i've been looking at this too for the ncg3/4 platform.. some of the stage3 mopar stuff uses a "toys" pin to trigger the high octane timing and fuel tables..
    the concept is described in "ESTIMATION OF ETHANOL CONTENT IN FLEX-FUEL VEHICLES USING AN EXHAUST GAS OXYGEN SENSOR: MODEL, TUNING AND SENSITIVITY" from u michigan, and is seems to all work with a narrow band, 4 wire, o2 sensor
    a trigger from a change in fuel level (gas gauge) and the resulting new change in AFR causes a long term fuel trim that somehow translates in to an %ethanol .. i'm guessing somehow works back into the % ethanol