Thread: Ls swap p0335

Potential Tuner

Ls swap p0335

Hey everyone Im new here and to most LS stuff and no means a tuner.. I did an LS swap and a l99 to ls3 conversion. 2011 camaro ss 6l80 into a 66 nova. Got everything from Texas speed and psi harness. Sent e38 ecm and tcm off to be tuned. Got everything together and no start. I went back over grounds and 12 cranking wire, must have had bad ground car Will fire off. So takes car 5 tries to get started but run ok once it starts. No rpm signal but sensor has to be working somewhat if I?m getting spark and running right?I?ve replaced crank sensor and same symptoms. Show 5 volt on ref wire good ground and signal wire shows 5 volts. I?m wondering if it?s in the tune or ecm issues. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Senior Tuner
    All of your symptoms point towards a faulty crank sensor or wiring to the crank sensor. It'll run with just the cam sensor connected. But won't start very well.

Make sure your new sensor is the gray one, not the black sensor. I've had better success by using AC Delco sensors. Some of the aftermarket stuff hasn't worked for me.
    Also check that the Terminal A has power and B is ground at the sensor.

Potential Tuner
    Yeah got the grey one 58x have the 4x gear have 5volts and the reference wire and good ground.. I put a cheaper sensor in and same response so I then went to dealer and bought gm one, same out come..

Potential Tuner
    I have 5 volt on the signal wire too does it normally?

Tuner in Training
    so Same symptoms, no rpm signal?

Potential Tuner
    Yes, no rpm signal take 5 cranks to start and same code..

You can tap the wire and check with a cheap volt meter. Spin engine slowly by hand and look for the signal to fluctuate. That will tell you if the sensor is working or not and whether the problem is upstream or downstream of the sensor.