Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with 6.1 cam tune

Tuner in Training

Need help with 6.1 cam tune

I have a 06 Magnum 6.1
    Bored 5 over with forged pistons with billet rings.
    SRT Max Plus cam
    90mm BBK T-Body
    Holley Sniper intake manifold
    Petty?s Garage drop in fuel pump

I currently have a diablo i3 but will be swapping over to the MPVI2 within the hour.
    I have read that I can pull the tune off the i3 and install on the HP but ever since the tune was loaded it seems to be
    Getting worse (exhaust smells like it?s running way to rich).
    Is it worth adjusting the tune off of the i3 or simply reverting to stock and adjusting from there?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Tuner
    I am guessing the first point is to pull identify key PID's and log data and then address issues identified by the log. Are you tuning with a WB?

Tuner in Training
    Yes I am. Idle now at 750rmp runs around 14.5

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel1382 View Post
    Yes I am. Idle now at 750rmp runs around 14.5
    Open VCM Scanner and pull a log and share here. I am sure folks that are more experienced than I can help identify where the issue is once you have data to show. Since this is an HPTuners forums, I would say ditch the Diablo and use HPTuners so that these experts can help you.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dubbsix View Post
    Open VCM Scanner and pull a log and share here. I am sure folks that are more experienced than I can help identify where the issue is once you have data to show. Since this is an HPTuners forums, I would say ditch the Diablo and use HPTuners so that these experts can help you.
    I will be sure to load that ASAP. Thank you

Before returning it to stock with the I3 get a read with the hp tuners then return ot to stock wth the I3 then get a stock read with the hp tuners . It good to have a couple of tune files for comparison.

I'm not a fan of Diablo sport so I suggest after you return it to stock sell off the I3 and recoup some of your money .

Tuner in Training
    cam tune from i3 simple start and idle.hpl

not sure if I did this correctly but here is a simple start and idle... cam tune from i3 simple start and idle.hpl

Tuner in Training
    did a comparison of the stock tune vs the cam tune that was on the diablo and it doesn't look like there is much that was changed...

Tuner in Training
    here is the tune I pulled off of the diablo... my apologies in advance, I did 2 separate drives.
    long drive after cam tune installed.hpl
    wot 80mph.hpl

Tuner
    did a comparison of the stock tune vs the cam tune that was on the diablo and it doesn't look like there is much that was changed...
    For clarity can you identify what you are trying to solve for ? Are you trying to determine if the car is in fact running rich?

Tuner in Training
    For clarity can you identify what you are trying to solve for ? Are you trying to determine if the car is in fact running rich?
    correct...

Tuner
    According to the LTFT looks like you are running a tad rich as its pulling up to 7% in some spots. I think good thing is that your WOT values are 0 so looks like a part throttle issue.

Of course I am a tuner in training so please take with a grain of salt.

I would think the best course would be to throw in a Wide Band O2 and monitor/log from there so you are getting a more accurate reading. Also lets see what others come back with.
    Last edited by dubbsix; 04-30-2020 at 07:22 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I did notice that my bottle isn?t opening fully...
    I also have a wide band installed and ran through the pro link, I?m having troubles with the values though. It?s an MTX-L from innovate

Tuner in Training
    Throttle *

Tuner
    I did notice that my bottle isn?t opening fully...
    I also have a wide band installed and ran through the pro link, I?m having troubles with the values though. It?s an MTX-L from innovate
    Are the vales in AFR or Lambda ?

Have you had a chance to pull the tune into VCM editor? I think looking at the file will help as well. Just a thought.

Tuner in Training
    And that?s why you are a tuner in training and I?m a peon lol. I will have to check the set values when I get home.
    I have pulled it into the editor, I have it in an email or I can post here when I get home.

Tuner
    And that?s why you are a tuner in training and I?m a peon lol. I will have to check the set values when I get home.
    I have pulled it into the editor, I have it in an email or I can post here when I get home.
    If you are comfortable you can post here. Might given someone else with more experience something to weight in on. I got your other files with the *.hpl but those are log files. We will need to get the HPT file which is the actual tune file.

Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Not a problem. If anyone can help I?m sure it would be someone on here.

Advanced Tuner
    With innovate you need to make sure the meter is reporting either AFR or lambda and set it in appropriately in VCM scanner. In VCM scanner you also need to make sure the slope and intercept are correct also.

Tuner in Training
    If you are comfortable you can post here. Might given someone else with more experience something to weight in on. I got your other files with the *.hpl but those are log files. We will need to get the HPT file which is the actual tune file.

Thanks!
    cam tune from Diablo i3.hpt
    this is the tune I pulled from the diablo/current tune I have installed.