Thread: Wideband placement

Tuner

Wideband placement

getting ready to finally install my wideband on my L83. I have the Speed Engineering long-tubes. it has an extra bung in the middle of the Y-pipe. Will that work? Or, do I need to relocate my upstream 02 to that location and install wideband further upstream? the wideband I bought is the AEM X-Series UEGO with obdII connector. Just curious on wheres the best location for this before I install it.

The extra hole in the headers is perfectly fine. Just make sure the connection point before the sensor is leak free and you are good to go.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The extra hole in the headers is perfectly fine. Just make sure the connection point before the sensor is leak free and you are good to go.
    great! thanks for the help.

Tuner
    Didn’t see it mentioned, but you want the sensor before cats (if you’re running them).
    2017 Camaro SS, Whipple 3.0, Mast LT Black Label heads, 112mm TB, LPE BB HPFP & LT4+52% injectors, Fore Innovations triple pumps
    1059 WHP, 944 WTQ

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
    Didn’t see it mentioned, but you want the sensor before cats (if you’re running them).
    no cats for me!

Tuner
    Does anyone on here run this setup I bought? just curious if theres any cutting of the harness anywhere etc. and if It plugs into the MPVI2 or how you get your data into Hp tuners??

I have the OBD2 wideband, it just plugs into the OBD2 port and the MPVI plugs into that. Obviously the wideband still requires a power/ground. Pick the correct channel to view the wideband and that is it. Everytime I hop in my truck with HP Tuners it's already in my channels list and logs it right away, no hassle at all.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    sounds easy enough. cant wait to have it working in the truck finally. lol