Thread: VVE Tuning with a Manual Trans

Tuner

VVE Tuning with a Manual Trans

Anyone here tune a VVE with a manual trans? Any tips on how to prevent the in-between shifts data from messing with numbers? I am street tuning my car and when logging I continuously get numbers I know are not accurate due to shifting gears. TIA.

Senior Tuner
    u can play around with making filters, or just use the show zoom range data only and just go thru bit by bit zoom in to only see the data u want

I usually have just watched my shift points and smoothed out those areas, never had an issue.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Tuner
    ok. Thanks guys! I have my filtering set to 25 and have been watching the shift points and leaving those out. Sometimes I try and go back and hit those during normal driving sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

I will keep trying to hit those odd ball area's.

Not that kind of filtering... you can create filter strings to include or not include data during things like closed throttle, throttle only between X% and Y%, only when in PE or only when NOT in PE, DFCO not active, only during certain fuel trim cells, only when purge is not active, etc.

Advanced Tuner
    Using clutch pedal position helps to filter on and off the clutch. I still struggle with VVE as well, for the same reason. I generally just use the fuel trims because if this. Use the wideband for WOT.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Not that kind of filtering... you can create filter strings to include or not include data during things like closed throttle, throttle only between X% and Y%, only when in PE or only when NOT in PE, DFCO not active, only during certain fuel trim cells, only when purge is not active, etc.
    I see what your talking about now. for some reason I never noticed that there. I will give it a try and see how it works.

Tuner
    I am going to try the filter and see how much that helps.