Thread: LTFT not giving values

Potential Tuner

LTFT not giving values

Hi all,

I'm new in the forum and to HP Tuners and am hoping to get some valuable answers here. I've been coming to the forum for information for some time, however I have not posted anything myself yet. I am currently working on my 2019 Mustang GT with a DI Coyote.

My current problem is that my VCM Scanner has the channel for LTFT and for STFT, however I only get values of 0 for the LTFT regardless if I view in the channel list or in the layout plotting it vs. load, RPM, or MAF period. It's 0 to the 9th decimal, regardless if I view numbers or percentages. The STFT I get consistent values between -2 to -4% depending on load and RPM.

Is this normal that this channel doesn't show up in the 2018+ Mustang? Or what am I missing? I am quite sure that I've monitored this value on the same car before, but this was months ago.

I appreciate the help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LS_Coyote View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new in the forum and to HP Tuners and am hoping to get some valuable answers here. I've been coming to the forum for information for some time, however I have not posted anything myself yet. I am currently working on my 2019 Mustang GT with a DI Coyote.

My current problem is that my VCM Scanner has the channel for LTFT and for STFT, however I only get values of 0 for the LTFT regardless if I view in the channel list or in the layout plotting it vs. load, RPM, or MAF period. It's 0 to the 9th decimal, regardless if I view numbers or percentages. The STFT I get consistent values between -2 to -4% depending on load and RPM.

Is this normal that this channel doesn't show up in the 2018+ Mustang? Or what am I missing? I am quite sure that I've monitored this value on the same car before, but this was months ago.

I appreciate the help!
    Did you find a solution to this problem?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike351c View Post
    Did you find a solution to this problem?
    No, actually I did not. Do you have a similar issue?

Tuner in Training
    I've been working on a 2015 coyote transplant project and I have not figured out why LTFT doesn't read either.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LS_Coyote View Post
    No, actually I did not. Do you have a similar issue?
    Yes, I had my car tuned by a popular tuner. Once I started to get back into tuning myself, I was able to read the tune he did. I noticed it did not follow the distance tables at all. It would only use MP 14 unless I gave it enough throttle to go into OP. I changed the strategy from VCXQPBD to the stock strategy FSGP1A2. Now my distance and MPs work but I lost LTFT operation. So it has to be something to do with the strategy

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ratsnotmice View Post
    I've been working on a 2015 coyote transplant project and I have not figured out why LTFT doesn't read either.
    I figured it out. I bought the credits and changed the strategy to the roush MGMCAG2 Now everything works as it should

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike351c View Post
    I figured it out. I bought the credits and changed the strategy to the roush MGMCAG2 Now everything works as it should
    Would you be willing to give more details?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ratsnotmice View Post
    Would you be willing to give more details?
    Get the Roush tune from the repository. Make sure its for an Auto or manual. Which ever one you have. Copy your tune to the Roush tune. Make sure everything copies. And check it over to make something isnt turned on that you dont want. Buy the credits and send it to you PCM. Now everything will work and you can retune the car correctly.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you very much! I'll try it and report back.

Mike

Tuner in Training
    It's been a while, but I'm still working on this. I'm about to ready to try the Roush tune.

Is the Roush MGMCAG2 strategy for naturally aspirated or forced induction? Looking at the tune it's not as obvious as it would be in a GM product.
    Thanks again!