Thread: Tune File review - 2006 cts-v with lsa blower

Tuner in Training

Tune File review - 2006 cts-v with lsa blower

Can anyone give my tune, specifically my timing table a look and tell me if it looks normal for this build.

LS2, LS3 heads (~10.5 compression with that combo) and an LSA blower making about 9lbs of boost. LS9 cam. 93 octane, no meth.

Does my timing seem lower than you'd expect. If I run anymore I pickup some knock of up to a few degrees in the midrange and higher rpms at WOT in taller gears like 4th. burst knock is turned off. I have not been able to do any dyno tuning.

Thanks!2006 cts-v lsa blower april 30th.hpt

Senior Tuner
    It does look low. However, you won't be able to run a lot of timing on that combo with 10.5 compression and 9 psi boost. I would think you should be safe around 12-13 degrees at peak torque and 15-16 at upper rpm. Do you have your AF ratio dialed in at WOT?

You still have the base Gas vs EQ table adding/removing some timing as well. You might zero that table so that you can keep up with what's happening in your HO and LO table. Have you tried adding a little race gas to see if the knock goes away? If it doesn't, then you may have some false knock. In that case you might desensitize the knock sensors a bit.