Howdy,

I posted this in the Dodge Tuning sub folder and got no replies, so I will post it as a general question here to a wider audience. I am essentially trying to ascertain if I need to buy a specific PCM for a an engine swap, or if I can work with the PCM that came from the donor vehicle and flash it with the desired tune:

From my previous post:

I have a noob question regarding how these tune files work.

If I have a Dodge PCM , type NGC3, can it be flashed with a tune file from any other Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep that uses the same type of PCM ?

For example: I have a donor 5.7L engine and PCM from a 2005 Dodge Durango that is being used for a swap into a Jeep. I want to flash it to 'be' a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 with a manual transmission. Do I need to get a donor PCM from a 2005 Ram 2500 with a manual transmission? Or can I copy and save the original Durango tune and replace it with the desired tune (assuming I can find one)?

HP Tuners would be licensed for that PCM , regardless of which tune I use, right? I am assuming I would need to fix the VIN to the target swap vehicle's VIN.

I am aware that the pinouts for the two vehicles are different and would need to be altered.