Thread: Undesireable behaviour with Gauges.

Undesireable behaviour with Gauges.

Noticed with this one gauge that I cannot get a range of values to line up properly in ACT.

badgraph.png

In the above image I cannot get the ranges fro 125 - 150 to appear. When I set the minimum value to 0 I get the following gauge.

goodgraph.png

No matter what I do, clone, delete, new I cannot get a range for level 2 to appear. Is this a bug that I've encountered?
    Hellcat PB > ET: 10.092, MPH: 135.650, 60': 1.492, R/T: .000
    Bone Stock Scat Pack PB > ET: 11.612, MPH: 119.52, 60': 1.634, R/T: .000 (gone but not forgotten).

https://youtube.com/user/fumanchu182

Tuner in Training
    I don't believe it's gauge specific as I have that problem so far with the two gauges I edited from default settings. I didn't bother to try and figure out, I just overlapped the ranges to get rid of the gap that resulted when I set the ending and beginning on the same mark. I still have to set my caution range start at 6300 rpm on the gauge in order to get it to read at the 6500 mark with four minor ticks in between the major. The same goes for the engine coolant temp gauge. The IAT gauge is okay, but I recall leaving it alone after an edit attempt resulted in two decimal points being added, despite 0 being selected in the setup.

Looks like a bug.

What version of VCM Scanner are you using?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

In the About popup it says 4.4.4, says no update founds so I assume current.
    Hellcat PB > ET: 10.092, MPH: 135.650, 60': 1.492, R/T: .000
    Bone Stock Scat Pack PB > ET: 11.612, MPH: 119.52, 60': 1.634, R/T: .000 (gone but not forgotten).

https://youtube.com/user/fumanchu182

Tuner in Training
    Same for me on the version.

4.6 has been out for a while now, you can update to that on the main website.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

4.6 may fix your issue. I recall we did improve the alert ranges for gauges recently.

I'll look into why 4.4 is showing "no update found". It should show you that 4.6 is your update path.

Tuner in Training
    Pardon my mistake, it was 4.4 when I first started logging a few weeks ago and I last updated earlier this week. I checked and I do have version 4.6, but setting my caution start at 6500 rpm with four minor ticks still shifts the start point well above the halfway point between 6500 & 7000 as one example and generally I have to overshoot on my entries in order to hit the intended marks. I have to enter points as seen in the attached screen shot in order to have the yellow bar start at 6500 and end at the 7k mark and so on for red. The -1 showing up in the range is the software's doing in case that is abnormal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Please open a support ticket.

Include a simple scanner layout that has 2 gauges, 1 broken and 1 functional.