Thread: Sorry to bring this up again. Writing failures.

Tuner in Training

Sorry to bring this up again. Writing failures.

2002 Camaro 3.8L

Suite version 4.6.3

Lenovo Laptop running Windows 7

I just tried to edit and load a tune again, and had the same issue as the time I tried yesterday. I can only get to the point as shown in the picture. Now my car doesn't start. If I unplug the ECM from the car, let it sit a while, and plug it back in the car will run. However, the editor reads the same tune as before. Could this be because I have an ECM locked by the guy who did my initial tune? Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

Not sure if it helps, but I have never successfully written a tune. It could be anything, so I'm not sure where to start. I have also submitted a support ticket.
    Writing failure 5-2-20.png
    Last edited by V6Buicks; 05-02-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Does anybody think the Beta software would help? I just downloaded it.

Tuner in Training
    I tried the Beta software. I also tried reading the ecm once again, saving it, pasting in my base timing changes, saving it again, closing the tune, reopening it, and then writing to vehicle. No dice. Fails in the same spot. Car doesn't start. I once again have the ECM unplugged waiting for it to reset. No suggestions?

Tuner in Training
    I have also tried unplugging the radio fuse, and a few others. No dice. I have an ongoing support ticket which has been responded, but we haven't gotten anywhere yet. If anybody else has had some issues like this I'd like to hear your stories! I've tried everything I've been told to try on the Facebook page. Could there be a problem with my cable? I'm just shooting in the dark now. lol
    Last edited by V6Buicks; 05-04-2020 at 12:18 PM. Reason: additions

Tuner in Training
    Sorry for being annoying with five posts in a row all from myself.... but I might as well give you all my resolution. I had to reinstall my ABS module AND pull the radio fuse. I find it odd that the software could read the tune without issue, but it wouldn't write. Oh well. Fixed it!