Thread: Can't write to vehicle

Potential Tuner

Can't write to vehicle

I started with 2 credits and tried to write the file to the vehicle. window popped up and spent the credits to license the ecm etc. Went to write the file again and a window pops up titled "license Selector" says i don't have a license to perform the current action etc... Shows 0 credits and wants me to license the GM_FSCM_F and gives two choices: "Do not license" and "Specific" Only "Specific is grayed out because it shows 0 credits. I go purchase an additional credit but I keep getting the same window popping up. when I log into my account it shows 3 credits. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW the only change I'm trying to make to my 2015 Camaro 2SS is "DOD Disable"

Go out to the vehicle again and do a read entire but when it asks you what computers/controllers it wants you to read just uncheck the FSCM because you don't need to license that.

With that new file you read, apply your changes and save it. Then write it to the vehicle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I don't remember it giving the option to not read the FSCM, but I'll try again. Why in the hell wouldn't it just prompt me and ask me if I wanted to write to the FSCM. Such bullshit, trying to get people to buy more credits when not needed. With all the money they rake in and can't offer phone support and don't reply to suppprt tickets on Saturdays and their knowledge base and website sucks.

Neat story, let us know it that works.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Neat story, let us know it that works.
    Yes that worked, thank you.

Absolutely no help from HPTuners. 3 days with no response to the support ticket. I figured as much from a cowardly company that hides behind the internet and provides no phone numbers for customer service or tech support. Bill@HPTuners are you there? Now I have purchased an additional credit for $50 that I don't need and as far as I can tell no easy way to get a refund. Not user error either. The software is designed to ripoff suckers like you and me. Why then when it reads the vehicle does it not prompt you to read computers that it already knows you don't have a license to write to? You have to jump in and change a drop down menu to "not read" the FSCM before it goes and automatically reads it. Then when you make a simple change and try to write it to the car you get a "License Selector" pop-up window stating: You do not have a license to perform the current action...etc. It then has a fake disclaimer and warns to contact customer support before activating a license. And then on the bottom of it has a convenient link to "purchase Credits Online" What a joke but really it's a scam. Plain and simple. So what do you do? I knew from before that some newer cars have certain functions that must be written to to fcsm so you must purchase a license for it. I was only trying to disable displacement on demand. Makes sense that the FCSM might be involved and the fact that HPTuner's software is saying that action requires you to license the FCSM. So do I go ahead and license it and disable the the annoying DOD and have a nice weekend cruising or do I put in a "ticket" to support and wait god knows how long for an answer? The software knows I don't need to purchase an additional license to perform the action. The software engineer knows, I'm sure the CEO and upper management know but it's an easy way to suck more money out of you so it's designed that way own purpose. And why does HPTuners charge an addition $50 to $100 to write to that additional computer anyway? It doesn't appear to cost them more money to do it?

Prove me wrong Bill@HPTuners and let me know how to get my $50 that your shady company just stole from me.

Advanced Tuner
    You will use the additional credit at some point. No reason to get all bent out of shape over it. You can sell the MPVI device with the credit if you like, to get your money back. But if you plan on keeping the Hp Tuner platform, to use on other projects, why are you complaining? You're going to use that credit eventually, its not going to go away and vanish from your account. Yes, I agree that the FPCM being read automatically should be changed, in that it should "do not read" as default, but its not the end of the world. Come here to the Hp Tuner forum, to bash the company, is not going to get you anywhere except people ignoring you.

Potential Tuner
    Clearly you're missing the point. This is so obvious that this company is ripping people off its laughable. They hope people get to that pop-up pay for the extra license and successfully write the changes. They, the sucker, will think everything went well as it was suppose to and are none the wiser to the fact that they just got played for another $50 to $!00. I'm not bashing the company, I'm calling them out for stealing. Any company that can have such a presence online, on social media etc. that is eager to take your $500 and not hire customer service reps and tech support is a shit company. As you can see no one has responded, yet they read every post. I have two tickets into support with no response. Had I known they were a shit company to begin with I would have gone with someone else. Don't really care if I get ignored on here, get your head out of their ass son. It's BS and I'll keep ranting until I get answer.

Advanced Tuner
    LOL nobody cares......

Potential Tuner
    That's my point!

Potential Tuner
    It doesn't really matter if the software automatically reads the FSCM the problem is in the writing. If the software gets to a change in the file that requires it to be written to the FSCM then it should pop up a licensing window saying I don't have a license to perform that action. But when I followed 5FDP's advice it wrote the changes no problem as far as I can tell. Funny how nobody seems to know when you have to license the FSCM and on what vehicles. I'm sure they know they're just not saying because they're making money hand over fist by keeping it secret. Prove me wrong Bill@HPTuners.

Potential Tuner
    I just tried to send Bill a private message to get him to respond to this thread. Here's what I got when I clicked send:

"Bill@HPTuners has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Bill@HPTuners from the recipient list and send the message again.

UNREAL

We absolutely do care, which is why we are supplying you with a refund.

It's difficult for us to address these types of issues via the forum which is why some HPT staff have PM's disabled. It's much easier for us to collectively help our customers through our support portal.

It shouldn't take 3 days to respond to a ticket either, unless your ticket spanned the weekend. Our support staff isn't working Saturday and Sunday. Nevertheless, that's something we'll look into.

Sorry about your troubles!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    Hello Keith, Forgive me for not saying thank you until I see proof of that refund. Nothing showing in my paypal account yet.

Don't you want to defend yourself just a little here? I've made a number of pretty serious allegations about you and your business here above and on the other posts that you have since deleted. I can rewrite them here if you like. If you care so much, can't you address my concerns to make me understand why you are doing what you're doing? And how I am wrong in my assumptions?

Potential Tuner
    Did you get a refund? I just did the same thing, purchased a credit for the FSCM and it still wouldn't write. Found this post, re-read the file without reading the FSCM and then everything seemed to write properly. After seeing the effort required to submit a ticket for a refund, I think I'll just keep the credit and expect to use it in the future....

Potential Tuner
    I just bought credits, tried to write my file and got the same message that I need to buy more credits... $100 isn't going to break me... but now I try to write the file and it still says I need more credits... so I have 4 unused on my corvette that requires 2, and I still can't write my file....of course, it's Saturday...
    2005 Corvette Kart, big cam, high flow heads, long tube headers... and tons of fun! Street legal in Tucson, Arizona

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaRexx View Post
    I just bought credits, tried to write my file and got the same message that I need to buy more credits... $100 isn't going to break me... but now I try to write the file and it still says I need more credits... so I have 4 unused on my corvette that requires 2, and I still can't write my file....of course, it's Saturday...
    Sounds like you read the FSCM which costs credits to license. There is a sticky in the gen 4 section about this very topic. If that is not the case please open a support ticket so that we can assist you 1 on 1.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Is it so hard to change the program default to "Do Not Read" when people are using the software. This is getting old

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by danmw2003 View Post
    Is it so hard to change the program default to "Do Not Read" when people are using the software. This is getting old
    Its a catch 22, we've ALWAYS(since 2003) read all modules on the bus, but YOU want them to all default to do not read. Not everyone wants this. Most customers want to connect, click read and it reads everything.

With that said the newest beta has a feature that allows you to remove modules from the file you read so you don't need to reread the ecm. But its in beta so we haven't publicly spammed this information but its working very well
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Any plans to "make everything work", even if it costs additional credits? I've been hitting this brick wall for the past hour, trying to figure out what I've been doing wrong, but couldn't. Came to the forum, and I see now, that the 3rd module is something I shouldn't read. This MAY be the same issue I'm running into, but was no clear info/prompt stating such. I've always preferred HPT over "others", for ease of use (IMO), and know there's only so much one can design into software. Sometimes I wonder though...

There's some other tables/parameters that seem to be accessible, but have "zero" values. They appear as highlighted changes in comparison to previous files (from the same vehicle). But that's a whole different thread I'll create later.
    **Capt. Ron - 7th Dist. Fire**